Combat Machine Internal Problem

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Yargg, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Yargg

Yargg New Member

Something inside of my friends combat machine got dead. I know that is not grammaticaly correct but that's all there is to it. It just stopped working. He says the gear box locked up, but i don't know. I know one thing though and that is... Can anyone with personal or second hand experience tell me about common problems with CM internals?

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

See if the motor pulls first, its possibly that.

3. xXTacoMcFacoXx

xXTacoMcFacoXx New Member

Does it make any noise at all when it is fired?

4. Yargg

Yargg New Member

When the trigger is pulled nothing at all happens. I can't believe I have to say this, but just incase... No its not on safety.

5. Yargg

Yargg New Member

How would I explain to him how to check that over text?

6. bal1

bal1 New Member

If he has no experience working on guns he should not try. No offense.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol. If its locked up, push the "forward assist" kinda hard. And the box should reset itself lol :)

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Problem is, CMs don't have forward assist. That's ICS and WE.

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    The G&G gearboxes all have one. (Well the ones we have at the shop, even the cheap ones)

That why there's an extra arm on the side of the gearbox to push back the anti reverse latch resetting the piston and spring.

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, y'all must have the new ones. My friends combat machine (hasn't even had it for a year so I don't know if there even is a new version) has extra arm but when you push it it doesn't even do anything.

11. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Yeah, Ehuwhatever's right. G&G CMs are supposed to have a special design where you can use the forward assist to release tension in the spring and reset the GB.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    My bad, I thought he was talking about outside of the gun like ICS and WE have. I misunderstood what you were saying.

13. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Thank you lol. It's one of the few things I like on those cheaper G&G guns :)

Just like drilling a hole in your TM style box lol

14. RCV

RCV New Member

Eh. All three of you are right and wrong, if I remember correctly. The cheap CMs at $140 or so don't have forward assist. The blowback ones at $170 do. It is external similar to ICS.

15. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol our pinks ones have lol xD haha. Unless theyre somehow modified at factory lol

Have a couple non-blowback with the RIS with it as well.

16. RCV

RCV New Member

Huh. Must be newer gens. That's good to know. Makes them that much better than JG already, IMO. But that's besides the point. Are they still hard to press?

17. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    It might be. I remember when they first came out, some of the combat machines didn't have. And so did lol. But... Could be a factory thing so idk lol. Some gearboxes we black, some were grey colored lol.

Depends really. In stock form it's fairly easy to press when the piston is locked back.
    On a M130+ spring, it will just get a little more difficult. Just use a screwdriver after that lol

18. Echo1Sniper

Echo1Sniper New Member

Minniapolis
    Well back on topic...
    Since I have a combat machine there a few things that have made it stop firing that are common.
    1. The wire connections to the motor weren't seating properly.
    2. (if taken out the motor) the motor wasn't seated correctly inside the motor grip causing a lack of rotation in the motor
    3. The wiring altogether has just gone bad.
    4. The trigger contacts are stuck. (this is a somewhat of a more common with my gun. You can tell if it's stuck because it'll be easy to pull back the trigger. If this is the case the way I learned how to fix it by pulling the trigger back and then letting it go in a very rapid motion)

19. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    I own a cm custom variant, and yes, the new blowback version 2 gearboxes from G&G do have the cool forward assist thing. all it does is pulls back the anti-reversal latch and lets the gears cycle backwards, relieving the spring. I would not volunteer to work on a friends gun, it gets dicing if things don't work right. If he is not experienced or confident enough, and if it is worth it to him, try to find a professional to look at the gearbox. BUT FIRST, look at some simple things=is the battery charged, are the cables connected, is the motor screw set too high. work with it, and then decide to spend a lot of money on a repair.

20. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    does it have a fuse?

can you open up the motor cover and without disconnecting the motor, let it drop and see if it spins when trigger is pulled.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012