combat machine rebuild ?!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by skulltaker631, Nov 27, 2012.

1. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    I have come across a G&G Combat Machine. I believe it was the version 2 of their sport line series. I am not familiar with the G&G line. All I know is that I want to mod the ***** out of this gun and make it a beast for the outdoors.

So where do I begin ? I need some guidance cause this will be my fist attempt doing all the internal work myself.

2. maddmatt

maddmatt New Member

corbin
    Ok, being that I have been building g&g combat machines and gr's for years, I'd be glad to give advice, but I will need more info in what you expect from the gun, and what you are willing to spend on this.... Cause that is a wide open field, you know

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Eh, I suggest you stay away from the combat machines. You'll basically be replacing anything anyways. Grab a JG, DBOYS, or King Arms.

4. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Get all magic box air seal parts, all systema parts for gears, ect. Get it lipo ready. Upgrade to a tightboar. Increase ROF (multiple ways to do that). Let your imagination run wild

5. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Acctually, i sugest getting a full metal m4 so its more solid and then upgrading it the same way. Then it will be a beast internally and pretty solid externally

6. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Same upgrades i listed before though so its even better

7. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Same upgrades i listed before though so its even better

8. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    I literally just saw a KWA full metal body boneyard with a nice camo, rail guards, mock suppressor, and most of the internals, for around 80 bucks. Its all about just searching on groups.

9. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Ok well I like the outer case of the combat machine it is tan color. IM looking to get amazing accuracy and 400 to 450 fps out of it. I have about 300$ to spend on internals for the gun. I know that I can by a good gun for what IM going to spend on mods. But if I did that I would not learn how to do all the mods myself

10. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Get a metal gun with a similar color. Its not that difficult. Like I said, Get systema springs and gears, and magic box air seals so you get no leaks on the gun and you shoot an awesome FPS.

11. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Fps is good but will it be accurate. I have been reading about different tightbore barrels. And so far the best is prometheus. According to what I have read. But they are super expensive

12. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    Accuracy and range are more so in the hop up. Yes the barrel is important but the hop up plays a much bigger role.

13. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

He's already insisted on the CM so forget the metal body and systema gears haha nice joke, no go grab some jg gears they're great for torque and general use, for speed shs makes some very cheap durable gears sets, for compression look up the various compression mods on the forum and on Google, if the gun can still do better then invest in some quality compression parts (guarder,prometheus,magic box etc)

14. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Yes I am thinking of systema hop up and nub. I hear good things

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    NO.

Your advice is terrible....

Holy triple post.

Again, really?

Don't get a KWA if you want to upgrade. They're finicky with upgrades.

Just buy a DBOYS and tune it. It'll look and perform much better. If you want the tab colour, spray paint it.

Systema parts suck. Please stock recommending parts as you obviously don't know whet you are talking about nor have you ever built a gun.

Prometheus barrels are great and around $70. Not bad, but not cheap either. Accuracy is all in the bucking, FPS consistency, barrel stablization, hop up arm movement (should be no side to side sway), high quality BBs, and a high quality barrel bore.

The first bit of true info I saw in this thread.

Well, replace everything internally in a CM. Everything inside of them is junk. I suggest a Lonex shell to replace the crappy stock gearbox shell. Parts list:
    -Lonex Shell
    -SHS spring guide w/ ball bearin
    -Guarder sp120 spring
    -Lonex red piston
    -Lonex Piston head
    -CORE 16:1 Gears
    -Lonex A1 Long motor
    -Lonex air nozzle
    -Lonex selector plate (comes with shell)
    -Lonex Trigger mech
    -Lonex Tappet plate (comes with shell)
    -SHS 8mm bushings (bearings on the bevel, bushings on the spur and sector)
    -16 AWG wire
    -deans plugs
    -DE 3034 MOSFET w/ TVI
    -Lonex chamber
    -Lonex 70 bucking
    -M nub
    -Prometheus TBB
    -Ir Hop

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  16. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Actually, SHS gears, currently have been having some QC issues. Core gears are essentially the new reliable gears. Maybe ZCI, but little is known about them. I'll be putting them to the test very soon.

17. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Uh, bro. That was 5 posts in a row.

18. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Even better, a quadruple post? XD

19. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

I didnt know if you were aware but you can add stuff to a post by editing it, replying to a thread repeatedly is discouraged.
    Edit: woops, sorry, didnt look ahead, now i see plenty of people had let him know already :/

20. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Yea they're a quality bucking and nub