Combat machine

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Fonzi718, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Fonzi718

Fonzi718 New Member

San Diego
    I know the subject grabbed your attention... Lol

I was wondering why do so many people get Combat Machines? I personally don't like poly bodies. But I find a lot of people using these guns the field. Also, a friend of mine bought one brand new for $280 just it was an aftermarket rail system.

Please let me know why so many people get Combat Machines.

2. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    They have really good marketing from the retailers and preform slightly better than their competition straight out of the box, but once you pop one open and poke around you will find they dont have much going for them in the long run. Thankfully for G&G not a whole lot of people open their guns up at look at how they are built.

3. Fonzi718

Fonzi718 New Member

San Diego
    I don't think they are worth the price. I would much rather get a dboys or JG.

4. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    They're the workhorse of the airsoft fields.... RENTALS. Same with paintball with the Tippmann 98 Custom. If you clean them and don't beat on them too hard they are solid and reliable.

I had my son's open last night and I must say, GB has Allen screws, it came with the front radiused, the piston had the last tooth removed, the piston head was ported (crappy compression). Nothing to write home about but for the money I was impressed with the quality. The gears look like pot metal though.

5. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    All the metal parts, except the bushings, are quite good on the CM, but the plastic parts and motor are not up to par with JG's, Dboy's or CYMA guns in that price range.

They are really well tuned from the factory so they do get a boost from that, but a JG will still last far longer than a CM.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
  7. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    I was kind of wondering that myself.

I'm guessing it's either:

1. Retailer markup is huge, causing a lot of stores to carry them and sell to new players.

2. G&G's distribution network is extremely good or easy to work with. Make it easy for non-airsoft stores (or new airsoft stores) to stock your product and you'll get sales.

8. snapshot311

snapshot311 New Member

Woodbury
    Every place I've been to uses Combat Machines for their rentals. There have to be an amalgamation of reasons for this. People who are capable of running profitable airsoft fields are not stupid. They must know something about them. But, as many say, a rental is never upgraded, only maintained, so again the answer is a question. If you plan on purchasing an AEG, do you plan on doing any internal work?