Combat machine

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by masio, Aug 12, 2012.

1. masio

masio New Member

guys do you reckon a cm16 raider is a competent outdoor field aeg for skirmishing? Does anyone have one they have used and if so, what's the best tactics to get the best results? Tar :)

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    There's not really tactics for certain guns that very to much from another gun, it's more the persons play style that varies. And I would say it is a good canidate for outdoor play. That or a JG.

3. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

I have a CM16 raider an it is great for it's price. It has a nice polymer body and the amazing G&G gearbox inside. It's very light weight so I use it for CQB. Also it is super accurate and has a pretty decent fps and rof.

4. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    a tuned JG will give you more range than a tuned G&G CM. However, I found the CM's, in their absolute stock form without tuning, have been more reliable than JG's of similar price.

5. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

This is true but the quality of a CM is better then a JG. I have both an upgraded JG M4 S-System and my brand new CM16 and although I don't think the CM will be able to live up to the JG performance wise the CM is much better quality wise.

6. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    You can tune either one to get you the same results. The wiring and on a JG is horrible and the externals a pretty bad. The wiring and the motor on the CM is pretty terrible. So either way upgrade the CM and the JG with new wiring. And get a new Motor for the CM or expect terrible externals from the JG. It's personally preference I would go with the CM. I am still curious as to why a JG would yield to more range than the CM.

7. CMYK_Ghost

CMYK_Ghost New Member

The cm may be the better base gun for under £200. But in my experience (having bought a ca sport line m15) you can go a bit cheaper (mine cost me £100 new) and then spend about £30-40 on a few upgrades (tightbore barrel and new hop) and get something with a good rof and decent fps for under the £200 mark. Plus with doing the small upgrades first you will learn more about how your rifle works without having to do major work in it and risk completely screwing it up.

8. masio

masio New Member

I googled it and it was £160 and plus upgrade that would b over £200. Also upgrade stop warranty.

9. CMYK_Ghost

CMYK_Ghost New Member

Depends where you buy it from. Admittedly, I did get mine in a fire sale. Upgrading your weapon yourself may void the manufacturers warranty, but I have never had that issue, as I have done all the upgrades and maintenance myself (it's just how I prefer it, then I know how everything works). Also, as with quite a lot of sites, we have a very competent gun tech who can sort out almost any problem you have, and he doesn't charge labor, just parts, at cost price.

10. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Please don't tell me you would buy a upgrade package. They are pretty much the biggest ripoffs in airsoft. Around $40 just to side grade your gun. They aren't really upgrades.

11. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i used a stock one once outdoors. it didn't have the range as stock JG's m4's. but i do prefer their gearbox shell over JG's. i just swap the internals with my spare JG parts and use an m120 spring for outdoors. they work great upgraded.

12. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    A JG with R-hop will give you more range than a CM with R-hop, mostly because CM barrels are absolute crap "even worse than JG barrels", and the JG also comes stock with higher fps.

13. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    From what I've heard CMs aren't that good left stock. I can't say anything but from what people have been telling me, stay away.

14. CMYK_Ghost

CMYK_Ghost New Member

I have never purchased an 'upgrade package'. All my upgrades were done by myself. I like to know how things work.