Communication Problems

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by AzReaper, Nov 2, 2015.

1. AzReaper

AzReaper New Member

I have a Beofeng Uvr5 and a Ztac/Element replica Comtac 1 with a Ztac/Element PTT for the Comtac 1 in the Z112 style. However whenever I try to transmit to my squad using the PTT nothing happens and the radio does not light up like it's not detecting it. I can hear traffic through my Comtacs but I cannot transmit. I even tried to use a Beofeng speaker mic and was unable to transmit through that or the one provided. I can press the PTT button and transmit through the radio itself however with PTTs it is useless like the Radio's PTT input ports are broken. Any solutions?

2. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    Is the connecter piece (unsure of name) seem to be loose? Mine did not push down all the way so I just put a rubber band around it. Using a baofeng ptt microphone.

3. AzReaper

AzReaper New Member

All pieces in the setup are connected completely until they click in, the Headset to PTT and the PTT to the Radio, I think the ports may be defected in the radio but I don't want to buy another radio just to check and have it be the same thing.

4. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
    The Z-Tactical headsets are known to be junk. Was looking into them after seeing them talked about on here, and came across multiple threads reporting problems with them, including someone who ordered what he was told were surplus so that he could sell them. He got ten. When he tested them, two worked perfectly, the others had issues between transmitting and receiving. Some could only receive, some couldn't transmit or receive.

5. AzReaper

AzReaper New Member

The thing is all PTTs I try don't work including non Ztac PTTs the headset works perfectly, advanced hearing, 80 dB+ sound cutoff and incoming transmissions from my teammates so I think the headset is ok. I can't test the boom mic though because no PTT works.