Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any competition target shooting in Oregon?

I see nothing but talk of games on these sites, but playing gi Joe means nothing to me.

I shoot fast and accurate and want to do so better than everyone else and prove it in a regulated and sanctioned/recorded tournament style forum.

· Registered
2,238 Posts
Here's some actual shooting stuff:
http://www.oregonshooting.com/cps/new.html

But for airsoft, there aren't any official competitions, only fun ones. Oregon Airsoft Arena has an IPSC course and a small target range in the upper level. Sniperzden sometimes sets up steel and hosts fun little IPSC runs for bragging rights.

Where in Oregon do you reside? If you are more Southern or Eastern, I have little knowledge about the airsoft in those areas.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some actual shooting stuff:
http://www.oregonshooting.com/cps/new.html

But for airsoft, there aren't any official competitions, only fun ones. Oregon Airsoft Arena has an IPSC course and a small target range in the upper level. Sniperzden sometimes sets up steel and hosts fun little IPSC runs for bragging rights.

Where in Oregon do you reside? If you are more Southern or Eastern, I have little knowledge about the airsoft in those areas.
Thanks for the info man. I live only 30 miles from Portland.

· Registered
2,395 Posts
IPSC competition is not really popular here in the states. KnucklesGSM holds an event now and then, but not in Oregon.

On the contrary, it's pretty popular in Japan where real firearms are prohibited for civilian use, which is why you see the best open-class builds come from there.

· Registered
8,945 Posts
There's most likely going to be the mobile OAA shooting trailer at sniperzden in a couple weeks. I know I'll be there with about 4-6 friends. We'll be green side (not multisham).

· Registered
2,238 Posts
Sniperzden is a field in St. Paul that hosts the biggest games in the Willamette Valley, and probably all of northern Oregon (other than the occasional-yet-uncommon Lion Claws or Milsim West events). On March 21st-22nd, there's going to be a swap-meet-ish/big game day event going on. Great way to meet and beat other airsofters. Airsoft Pacific is a place where many local events are posted, so keep an eye out in case someone does host an IPSC competition.

· Registered
157 Posts
Duuuuuude....

I had no idea you were so close when I was posting in your Race Gun thread!

I've talked to Cloud airsoft about doing a pistol only some time at OAA. They are definitely down for it, we just need to get the logistics together.

And I just picked up 5x pop targets (the ones that have 3 targets a piece in them) and was hoping to host some ipsc/ 3 gun type days somewhere, if someone local had a field we could go shoot in. I'd love to get some more competitive shooting up in this area. There's a few locals besides Cloud that run pistols only too.

Shoot me a pm if you are ever heading out to OAA, my buddies and I try to get out there every few weeks.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Duuuuuude....

I had no idea you were so close when I was posting in your Race Gun thread!

I've talked to Cloud airsoft about doing a pistol only some time at OAA. They are definitely down for it, we just need to get the logistics together.

And I just picked up 5x pop targets (the ones that have 3 targets a piece in them) and was hoping to host some ipsc/ 3 gun type days somewhere, if someone local had a field we could go shoot in. I'd love to get some more competitive shooting up in this area. There's a few locals besides Cloud that run pistols only too.

Shoot me a pm if you are ever heading out to OAA, my buddies and I try to get out there every few weeks.
Very cool man. I'd love to get together and plink around.

· Registered
2 Posts
Is there any competition target shooting in Oregon?

I see nothing but talk of games on these sites, but playing gi Joe means nothing to me.

I shoot fast and accurate and want to do so better than everyone else and prove it in a regulated and sanctioned/recorded tournament style forum.
Oregon Airsoft Arena on thursday nights first hour is practice second hour is comp against a field down in cali. Its not a super competitve thing more a social thing for bragging rights at the end of the month they do a giveaway of i believe a acetech lighter r tracer unit thats the closest to a shooting league im aware of here in oregon. I believe you need to be a member to participate which is $15 for 6 months which means if you come for open play and have your own gear its only 25 a session except for wednesdays its 10 a session i think. And then shooting league on thursdays is 5 bucks. Hope that helps some.

· Administrator
12,535 Posts
You need to find IPSC BB Events in your area...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.