Contractor Loadout

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by iZazzil, Jul 23, 2012.

1. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    Hey guys. So im trying to make a contractor loadout and was wondering if this is a good start:
    Head- Backwards Reds Socks cap
    OD face mask
    Torso- Black Under Armour long sleeve
    Black Tac Vest
    Black Skateboarding Elbow Pads
    Hands- Coyote brown/Black work gloves
    Legs- Worn blue jeans
    Black Skateboarding Knee Pads
    Feet- Work Boots from Wal-Mart

If you havent caught on im a bit cheap actually most of this stuff was just lying around in my house. Please leave suggestions.
    Thanks!

2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Really the only thing I'd change on a low budget are those ran jean things I always see people wearing. I don't know if they are jeans but they (in my opinion) look better on a PMC load out.

Also I hope the hat isnt red because you need to change it if it is

3. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Only suggestion is to maybe look into some cargo pants, as well as a black or navy blue shirt. Look at pics of Blackwater guys as a reference. Also, what gun are you running?

4. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

That's what they are lol cargo pants. How did I not know that? Brain fart

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Or Khakis, it depends on the user.

6. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Whatever max uses I don't know which they are

7. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    Im not running a gun yet because of my first AEG breaking. But i am saving money to get a new one. What do you think of the SRC Dragon? And thanks for the advice

8. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    The hat is navy blue. And what would you recomend instead of the jeans?

9. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    I have a pair of Khaki cargos would those work?

10. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Tan khakis or cargo pants. If you have like a light black zip up jacket that looks pretty good and the hat is good

Edit: yes khakis are good just go tan before blue jeans

11. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    Okay thanks for your help:)

12. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

No problem glad to help.especially when people thank me ;) so I thank you for having manners

13. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    No problem:) (20 characters)

14. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Heres a good reference pic, and the second one is just for fun:). Most of the time you will see these guys in a nice, dark or tan colored collared shirt.

Oh, and you never said, what gun(s) do you use?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  15. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    If it hasn't been said already, then get rid of the elbow pads.

16. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Get rid of everything you listed. Get a pair of 5.11 pants and a 5.11 button down shirt in some combination of grey, green, and khaki. Optional: use a combat shirt from 5.11, Propper, or Tru-Spec in stead of the 5.11 button down. Wear a khaki or CB chest rig over a low vis carrier like a PACA or EI LVAC. Hold your pants up with a riggers belt. Get Alta knee pads and Mechanix gloves. Get real boots. Bates, Wellco, Danner, Belleville, Converse, Oakley, etc. Don't cheap on your boots, your feet will hate you.

17. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
    I dont have a gun yet sorry thats why im sorta cheaping out on the gear, so i can save money for my gun. I had a gun but it stopped working and i couldnt get it replaced

I understand that all of these things are much higher quality than the things i have listed, but i am only 14 years old and do not have a job yet. Also about the boots, i was looking into some Converse boots. I dont want to cheap out on stuff but my parents have no money (and certainly none to spoil me with) and mowing lawns for the kind of money needed to play airsoft is going to take a while. Sorry if my rant made no sense lol i was a little spaced out
    Otherwise thanks for the advice and when i have more money i will certainly look back to your list

Also would grey cargo pants work? I have no clue what material they are sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  18. Temeraire

Temeraire New Member

San Francisco
  19. iZazzil

iZazzil Active Member

Grapevine
  20. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Nothing I listed is very expensive. Check LAPG for deals on shirts, pants, and boots. They always have something on clearance. Mechanix gloves are about $20 at any big hardware store. You can get a replica PACA for $50-$60 and a chest rig for about the same. If that set up is too expensive for you, get a TMC 6094 replica in khaki from ebairsoft.com. You could get away with a tan Condor MOPC is you realize that it's essentially junk. It'll look much better than a black tac vest, though. You can skip the knee pads entirely, and really you don't need the gloves either. The shirt, pants, boots and vest are your key components. The rest can wait. A tan, OD, or black baseball cap of some variety would also help pull the whole thing together.