Cool sidearm

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by xAirsoftPlayax, Dec 3, 2012.

1. xAirsoftPlayax

xAirsoftPlayax New Member

Ive been wondering what sidearm to get. I have been looking at pistols but that small hand held grenade launcher looks really cool. I really dont know what to get. Pistol or grenade launcher?

2. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    We need a bit more information, AirsoftPlaya. What's your budget? How about a link to the grenade launcher you're talking about? Brand and model pistols you've been looking at? I'm assuming you're thinking of a GBB pistol.

If the grenade launcher is the one I think you mean, well it's not very practical as a sidearm. Since your sidearm is supposed to be the thing you turn to when your primary is down, a single shot grenade launcher won't be very if you need to kill multiple people. You loose the effect of surprise if you have to reload after one shot. It's more something that you have on top of a sidearm, IMO.

I am assuming you are talking about this - http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_46&products_id=33221)

3. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I run a grenadier loadout and I say this comming from experience, grenades are a pain in the a$$ and unless your serious about it dont go the route.
    Pick a good reliable gbb pistol.

Like mine:

[​IMG]

Sorry, just showing off.

4. xAirsoftPlayax

How are grenades a pain in the azz?

5. xAirsoftPlayax

Guess ill be getting a gbb pistol. For a pistol my budget would be $100 preferably. I dont really want a m9 i want something different

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I'd save up at least 50-100 more. Especially if you want something REALLY different, like a Beretta Px4 Storm, or FN Five-SeveN. Usually any pistol under 100$ sucks.

7. FSTK

FSTK Member

Unless you're willing to spend a lot more, I don't think you're going to find a good sidearm that's "cool".

8. xAirsoftPlayax

How much more were u thinking?

9. xAirsoftPlayax

Isnt $100+ too much for a pistol thats what my friend said

10. soviet

soviet New Member

Ok watch while blow all your minds.
    KJW M9
    KJW Glock 23
    KJW Sig P226.

KJW are very reliable pistols.

11. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Not really, no. Good equipment costs money. I've spent over $200 on a number of different pistols, and would in the future for the right product. In general, $150-$200 is the price you're going to pay for a nice GBB, and they're worth it. You can get something in the $100 range, but they're generally inferior in some way or another. Plus, if you're looking for something more unique, you're generally looking at something from one of the better brands anyway. KJW guns are decent, but they don't make anything that's really novel.

12. soviet

soviet New Member

I've found them pretty reliable on my field. No there not the best, but they do get the job done.

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, KJWs are pretty reliable. But their performance is lacking, their fit and finish is mediocre, and they look pretty crappy. That's fine, that's what you're getting into when you buy a cheaper GBB. And that they produce something reliable and serviceable at that price is awesome, nobody else does. But they definitely don't fall into the "cool" category. They're the Toyota Corolla of the GBB world, but without the ability to hit 300K miles.

14. soviet

soviet New Member

Well I've heard the KWA USPc is good? That's what $130? Can you spend any extra?

15. xAirsoftPlayax

So what about a Tokyo Marui 93r. Opinions

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

The TM M93R is an AEP, just saying. It certainly isn't as exciting as say, a gas blowback pistol, however an AEP would be practical for skirmishing. I would look at getting a the USP or G18C AEP as I've heard of some accuracy issues w/ the 93R. AEP batteries are a pain in the a** as well, so I would look at the guide for converting to a mini-LiPo.

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    The KSC M93r is a fantastic pistol, and a GBB to boot. It's very accurate, has full auto, semi auto, and three round burst. I loved mine when I had it. It's one of those guns you always regret getting rid of.

18. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Lol, I was waiting for you to post something along those lines.

19. xAirsoftPlayax

I found a KJW G23 with 4 mags and a holster for $150. How about that?

20. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If it's a nice holster it's not a bad deal. If it's a crappy clone nylon holster, you're going to want to throw it out anyway, so then it's just an okay deal.