Correct U.S. flag placement?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by saucystephen, Jun 8, 2015.

1. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    I recently bought a Matrix reversed U.S. flag patch for my tactical shirt. I planned on placing it on my right arm, hence why i got it reversed (i looked up proper flag placement on right arm and the website said that the stars should be out towards the front w/stripes going towards the back). With that said, i found out that i liked the patch much better on the front of my plate carrier, and i was wondering if the reversed patch is appropriate? or should i get a regular U.S. flag patch (not reversed)? Thanks!

2. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Active Member

Rumford
    I've seen them both ways, but with the star field to the right seems the most predominant. I'm assuming the reason is that those patches can be swapped between plate carriers and the right sleeve of the combat uniform.

Attached Files:

3. Ace4300

Ace4300 Active Member

Ridgewood
    There isn't really a correct way when it's on your front. Typically a regular, non-reversed flag is preferable, but a reversed flag is fine.

4. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    Thank you, this clears up a lot for me. You can see where i'm coming from in asking, as i'm trying not to be disrespectful with it. Thanks again!

5. saucystephen

saucystephen New Member

Manteca
    Awesome, then i'll go ahead and keep the reversed flag. Thanks!

6. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    Keep in mind that US Flag Code (federal law) says you shouldn't display the flag on sports uniforms. Obviously there's no penalty (1st amendment issues).

Plenty of guys wear US flags on their airsoft gear (along with all sorts of other cosplay stuff), but I've taken the US flags off my stuff. Up to you.

Texas Flag Code doesn't have that restriction though. :cool:

7. 86FSB

86FSB New Member

Albany
    Air crew is on the left.