Cowboy Airsoft

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by NorsemanSDD, Feb 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NorsemanSDD

NorsemanSDD Well-Known Member

Rice
    Lever Actions and Six Guns!

It seems to be popular overseas.....is anyone else here in the USA running CA events?

Attached Files:

2. NorsemanSDD

Rice
    Ok, is anyone interested in building a impression and joining us?

3. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    Looks like it would be fun. Especially at some of the live fire cowboy action venues in my area. Some are pretty extravagant and really look the part. I don't know of anyone doing any kind of force on force cowboy gun fighting in my area though.

NorsemanSDD likes this.
  4. NorsemanSDD

Rice
    You mean SASS events? I’m on their forum too. Most of them want to burn powder. Some of them think Airsoft is downright irresponsible. (Promotes pointing guns at each other) But some show a interest.

I’m running one event a month, rain or shine. I will be expanding my western town come spring. And I will be converting a flatbed trailer to a passenger train car. It will run a schedule on the ranch so people can travel to points of interest.

5. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    I think that's the organization. I shoot IDPA and USPSA at the same location.

It's only irresponsible if you do it irresponsibly. But some people can't be reasoned with.

NorsemanSDD likes this.
  6. NorsemanSDD

Rice
  7. 3than0d311

3than0d311 New Member

This is super awesome, I have done mounted shooting exhibitions and have always wanted to cross it with airsoft. Granted a I wouldn't take my horse into "battle" due to the fact that she can barely handle a bee sting. I have never thought to cross a old west style gameplay though which I think is very unique and probably fun and can be more "accurate" the most mil-sim events.

youre doing something really awesome here and I cant wait to see more of it.

NorsemanSDD likes this.
  8. NorsemanSDD

Rice
    Thank you!

We are creating a rule set as we go. One of the rules installed is that shooting at animals is not tolerated. Nor is using your mount as a shield. All gun fights will be dragoon style and dismounted. And you need eye protection for your horse just in case. We have been using fly masks.

Here is our trailer.

9. 3than0d311

3than0d311 New Member

I honestly think that you're drawing a whole new crowd of people as well. there are loads of people that want to see the history of the old west be displayed/never forgotten just like the civil war reenactors. maybe even people who thought airsoft was dumb have a reason to explore the hobby now.

NorsemanSDD likes this.
  10. NorsemanSDD

Rice
    I hope so!

It’s big in Europe, I found these guys. Shows like Deadwood and He’ll on Wheels is helping.

11. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Sounds cool. Hope you get people to come!

NorsemanSDD likes this.
  12. NorsemanSDD

Rice
  13. Ten8DoWork

Ten8DoWork Active Member

Birmingham
    Good luck in your adventures. I'm excited to see what you guys can turn this idea into in the long run.

I really enjoy the role playing dynamic being introduced into airsoft.

14. NorsemanSDD

Rice
    Thanks again!

I would appreciate your guys support by liking, sharing and subscribing to my YouTube videos and account. I think YouTube is probably the best way to reach the masses. And as 3than says they may not be airsofters to begin with.