Coyote Brown VS "Dark Tan"

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by rblevinski, Dec 12, 2012.

1. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I am planning on getting this CIRAS vest for my Force Recon loadout. They label the vest as "Dark Tan." I am going to purchase the vest if this "Dark Tan" is the same as coyote brown but I am not sure. What do you guys think? Is this "Dark Tan" the same as coyote brown?
    Vest: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27758

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    We need links. What brand CIRAS are you looking at? Where are you buying it from? Links links links.

3. The_1911_Fantic

The_1911_Fantic New Member

Baton Rouge
    Please don't get this, instead, pick up a CB Flyye MBSS. They only run about 60 bucks on shootercbgear and it will last you MUCH longer than THAT.
    Knief: There is a link, just below the main post.

4. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    I would, but I want a CIRAS for my Force Recon loadout. I also don't have a lot of money to spend.

5. The_1911_Fantic

Baton Rouge
  6. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    That's alright, I have a kit list from Knife's Marine Force Recon Guide. I understand that, but I like how much MOLLE room a CIRAS has. I may try to save up for the Flyye CIRAS but like I said, I don't have a lot of money for just my vest.

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That's the wrong CIRAS for a force recon impression. That's the Maritime version and MFR uses the land version. Get either an MBSS or av RRV, both are a part of FSBE II, and great for an MFR kit. That CIRAS, aside from being the wrong version, is going to be awful. I know you don't have much money and you want a CIRAS, but you just can't get one that's worth anything. You either need to wait and save up more or buy a better, cheaper vest like the RRV, or MBSS. Those are the only two decent options. There is no cheap CIRAS worth having.

8. The_1911_Fantic

Baton Rouge
    Understandable, but as you said saving up for a Flyye CIRAS would be a much wiser choice and would benefit you much more in the long run.
    EDIT: Just noticed that's a MAR-CIRAS; you'll need a land version.
    EDIT: Snipe'd...dang you Knief

9. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    I will probably try to save up for the Flyye, thanks for the help guys.

10. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I own that vest. It's crap. Bad stitching, the molle isn't measured correctly. Don't buy!

Edit. The condor usmc.