CQB 10.5 barrel

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Shadow_Nugz, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz Active Member

Sioux City
    I just recently purchased a DPMS M4 S-System and I was wondering what I could do to put a 10.5 inch barrel on it for CQB, making it look awesome. I would prefer some sort of kit that would effectively "snap-in" so I can interchange. Ideas?

2. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Not a clue man...what size do you have in it already?

3. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    It's probably a 363 mm inner barrel, do some research. You will have to remove your rail system, outer barrel, and change your inner barrel.

4. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  5. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Jesus Knief. How do you know so much stuff!?!?

And why would I need the barrel front section? The second link?

6. commando5184

commando5184 New Member

1HR north of philly
    If I have a question, I go to shifty, if he doesn't know, knief is next, then aero.

And ya I think, and why did ya buy the s system? Just get the cqb version.

7. Devgru98

Polo
  8. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

363 and below. 363 is the highest I would go. You would want a 6.03 for this. But even a 6.01 would work. Isn't it for past 200 feet its 6.03 and closer is 6.01. Or is it opposite?

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    I believe 300mm is too long. That's 11.8 inches and your outer barrel is only 10.5 inches long. By comparison, a normal M4 has a 14.5" outer barrel and a 14.3" (363mm) inner barrel. So for a 10.5" barrel, you'd want a 10.3" inner barrel, which is 260mm.

That second piece allows you to go from a 10.5" barrel to a 14.5" barrel in seconds. For a few bucks, it makes that back and forth switch effortless. That's the interchangablity you were looking for. For me, that'd be well worth it.

10. Devgru98

Polo
    Okay, now that I think about it your correct. Most cqb rifles I have seen with a 300mm barrel, have an extra piece instead of the flash hider right up against the front sight.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    To answer some ?'s.

I purchased the S System from my buddy, partly because it was a good deal(roughly $45 off of retail for an almost mint gun) and partly because he is one of my frat brothers and he wanted to get rid of it, win-win.

Probably going to go ahead and purchase those two items together either next week or the week after that. Then the following I will buy the bdu's Knief recommended then the following, or the next one after that, I will get the plate carrier.

Thanks Knief for this help and for the loadout help you gave me.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33316 This work? I like it because:
    1) It is a slim design for hand guard mounted batteries
    2)Cheap! (yes I know that isn't always best)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  12. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Not allowing me to edit my last post??

I was wondering if I could get away with using my S System with the 10.5 barrel as a part of a SEAL impression??

13. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No, the S-System is a completely different RIS than what SEALs would use. You're going to need something with either a 7" KAC rail or 9" DD II rail. That or a 416/417 would fit the bill.

14. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    My next gun if probably goin to be a VFC 416(or 417) but I am going to wait for that. Could I change out the rail system on my gun?

15. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I believe the S-System doesn't mount using a normal barrel nut, but I'm not 100% sure on that. If that's the case, you'll need some new parts, possibly up to and including a new upper receiver. You might be abble to find somebody with a JG and a different upper who wants to trade with you.

16. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Dam. Would any normal JG M4 upper work?

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It should, yeah. As I understand it, it's the Barrel mounting hardware that causes problems.

18. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
  19. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Don't buy off of hitguns.com and Dboys may be metal but its pot metal. The only gun good from Dboys is their SCAR. JG makes a good 614/hk416. Sadly it lacks trademarks from H&K. Lancer is poop. It's fine for 100$ but compared to JG its not good. I would go with the 416.