CQB- G36C or KWA CQR Mod 2???

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by gitaryzt1985, Dec 20, 2012.

1. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    So my G&P M4 is arriving today, and my family and friends who are getting into airsoft have found our two locations where we are going to be playing. One location is outdoors with plenty of room and trees, and the other is my mother-in-law's house out in the country. It's 11 acres, but the area where we will be playing is more suited for a CQB type of gun.

Along with the G&P I was leaning towards getting a JG G36C for about $79 from AirsoftGI after their discount. But, I saw some vids yesterday on the KWA CQR Mod 2 with the shorter barrel and it was a very nice looking gun.

I don't mind spending more for quality, but what would you guys recommend for CQB??? I'm basically just looking for something with 300-350 fps so we can feel safer about shooting each other at closer ranges.

2. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    JG G36C. The V3 gearbox is stronger and more durable than the V2 and plus since the JG gearbox has no proprietary parts, the upgrade options are limitless unlike KWA.

3. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Instead of buying another gun why don't you just throw money into the one you are getting today?

4. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte

what could I do to make it CQB? I'm really looking for something around 300-350 fps since the G&P will most likely be closer to 400. I'm not much of a modder, and I don't know enough about the sport yet to dive into mods.

I did get a sight and front grip for the G&P, but just was looking for a CQ gun for quick grab and go uses. Would be good for some of the younger kids who are playing too. No one really needs to get shot with a 400 fps gun if they don't have to.

5. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    400 fps is the limit for CQB around here and some fields have no MED nowadays. Its really not that bad.

Its pretty simple to drop in a lower rated spring, while you were at it I would reshim, regrease, correct AOE. You can always send it to a tech to get it modded there are a lot of people who will mod it for a fair price.

6. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    opened up the G&P...very nice gun. There is some wobble in the rail system, but I've read reviews that this is common with this particular model and can be fixed with a new rail system, but not enough to really make me want to spend the money right away.

I do think that I see the KWA CQR Mod 2 M4 in my future, but maybe after Christmas when I get some money.