CQB primary

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Shadow_Nugz, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    This has been resolved.

So today I learned that my primary (my MK18 Mod 1) shoots at about 100fps too hot for my CQB field. However, that is perfect for field so I am keeping that as is.

So here is what I would like:

Price Range: 100-200

Type of Gun You Want: Electric

Preferred Gun Models: Anything that accepts STANAG magazines(including PMags) would not mind a unique gun. Especially considering I will be encountering a L86, Tavor, and plenty of M4's

What Role/Type of Play You Will Be Doing/Playing: CQB (duh)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    What's the fps limit for your cqb field?

3. champo98

champo98 New Member

If you want to be unique, you could get some form of stubby M4 killer, or an Ak-74, both very CQB friendly, and I believe the stubby would take normal Pmags.

4. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    FPS at my field is 300 for full auto and 350 for semi. I don't really want an AK since it doesn't fulfill my: CQB length and STANAG magazine requirements.

But! I wouldn't mind looking at SMG's either.

So, either Stanag rifles/ carbines or smg's of sorts.

5. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I have heard that CYMA mp5k and Galaxy MP5K's are good guns for the money. The CYMA runs about 150$ and the Galaxy 100-120$.

6. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Do you have the numbers of those guns? I am no good with CYMA's and their silly numbering system.

7. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    KWA CQR! 180$ I think and it has the really nice internals that won't need any upgrading and it shoots 330-350.

8. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well the cyma shoots to hot for his needs. The galaxy should be nice though. The well mp7 aep would suit your needs pretty well. It's 280 fps I believe so you can also use full auto. Plus it is cheap and airsplat has them back in stock.

9. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
  10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't recommend the Sportline AUG. It's cheap and feels very very cheap. It has a flimsy and light full plastic body, and I haven't heard good things about the internals. What about a good old P90, not just good for CQB, they are just good allround guns. Get a KS P90 and dump $50-$100 worth of upgrades into it, and you'll have a $200 AEG that will outperform most guns on the field.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    The P90 platform has never been one of my favorite. Thanks for the advice on the Aug though! Anyone have any experience with any UMP's?

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    ICS CXP all the way. It comes with ICS's famous split gearbox along with forward assist. They make a couple variants of the CXP and each one can be chosen sportsline or metal. I own one and it has been stock for over a year without a single problem.

13. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    If I got an M4 platform I would finagle with it and run it as a MK18. Which is what I am most likely going to do.

14. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    If you got an m4 already. Just grab a new front end and upper lol. Patriot status.

Mp5k's are great. CYMA's one is great but on the heavy side and might be too hot fps wise.

A Tokyo Marui mp5k used might be a good find for you :)

Or just down grade a bigger rifle platform :)

15. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Ehudakaboomchakalakalakaineyah has returned!

16. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Official Plan!
    Hopefully I can pick up an ICS for $140, slide my DD MK18 RIS and 10.5 barrel on it, buy a 12" DD RIS II and put that and the 14.5" barrel on my JG.

I always find it slightly amusing when people say guns are too heavy for cqb. Probably the result that one of my other hobbies in body building but I don't feel it makes much of a difference.

17. RainbowAirsoft

RainbowAirsoft New Member

Echo 1 xcr used it as a rent it was amazing-Casper-

18. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    What place would rent out an XCR?

19. Ian5538

Ian5538 New Member

Highly recommend kwa cqr mod1 or 2