CQB set up

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by krix0cris, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ASG B&T5 PDW AEG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 pistol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. dual pistol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    need opinions about CQB set up.

i welcome positive and negative opinions :)

i will buy the SR-25 for outdoor play but need something for CQB

3 choices are:

-ASG B&T5 PDW AEG
    -1 pistol
    -dual pistol

ps: i tried to make a poll but dont know how.

2. SomewhatInsane

SomewhatInsane Active Member

Augusta
    I am a huge fan of just running pistols in CQB.
    Pick a model, grab 3+ mags, .3 bb's, crank the hop, and you can compete with AEG's typically! In my experience anyway.

Dual pistols can be fun, until you have to reload.
    Not typically an AEG guy.

What would you be running as far as gear goes? Chest rig? PC of some sort?
    Etc.

3. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Unless you are going to spend the time tubing the SR-25 you will be better off just buying a regular assault rifle and using it for CQB and field.

You can find a lot of AEG's that will work in CQB but also have the range for field play, and if you spend a little time with the hopup you can make it accurate out to 200ft with CQB-legal FPS.

4. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    for gear i will use pants (obviusly) and im set up to carry all the mags i need (7+ slots for mags).
    i will use a chest vest with a few puches for maybe extra batery or other stuff.

simple gear, just pants , vest goggles and gloves. and i know it will hurt a lot but i usually fell less pain when adrenaline kicks in so i think i should be good

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Here comes party pooper Buster...
    Dual pistols is tacti-cool, but VERY impractical. In short, reloading is basically a task in itself, aiming is either focused on one gun or you're leading BBs to your target meaning you're more likely to waste twice as many BBs than you normally would.

Now if you're talking fielding 2 pistols BUT only using one at a time, that's an option. One pistol built for range and another for more standard situations. But personally if you ask me, I say get one pistol and build it for range, and just get a ton of mags for it or maybe a few extended mags, and call it a day.

Now if saving money is your aim, an AEG is your best bet. Roughly $150 with a hi-cap mag and you're good to go right out the box. A simple pistol (that's worth investing in) is gonna cost you about $120, plus roughly $25-$30 per each additional magazine, and that's before you get gas for the green gas/propane, holster, and mag pouches. You're talking about $200 just to comfortably field the single pistol.

The pain really isn't that bad... A bee sting. Many of us older players have played shirtless.

-mobile device-

6. Raven1st

San Ramon valley
    I agree with Buster. Now to add my 2¢.

Pistols, by design, absolutely suck as primaries.
    Ballistics do not apply here in airsoft, but ergonomics do and pistols lack everything you need to have a stable aiming platform.

While it is possible to have a pistol with similar range and accuracy as an AEG, you will still have 2 big issues.
    1) Slow ROF. Unless you are the Flash you will not be able to lay down a decent volume of fire.
    Even in CQB you will find times where a high volume of fire can save you.

2) Due to the design of handguns, to take advantage of it's performance you will need a lot of training and loads of practice. Both of which take a lot of time. Time you may not have or want to put into just training.

Get a stubby M4 or AK-74U and call it a day.

7. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    the dual pistol would be great but i was more inclined to get 1 pistol and upgrade it.
    i wouldnt have a problem with gas because im thinking of buying the Cyma USP Fixed Slide AEP which works with battery so i would just need a extra battery or 2.

i will buy the pistol because even in outdoor playing i will need it as a secondary. and im thinking of buying the ASG B&T5 PDW AEG later to get a better set up for cqb.

about wasting bullets. i think it will be fun to just rain fire at first but i usually save up ammo in online games, lets see what i do in real games :)

8. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    thanks for the suggestion but i really hate ak47, i don't really hate the m4 but if i get a AEG for cqb it would be the ASG B&T5 PDW AEG.

9. Raven1st

San Ramon valley
    Looking around it looks like the B&T5 is a rebranded CYMA MP5, which is a stout AEG.

I had 1 CYMA MP5 and 3 gearboxes for it (all stock CYMA) and the overall build of the gun is great for a budget ACM gun. I would highly recommend it as a beginner AEG.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Not the best idea, the 2 CYMA AEPs (Sig and Glock 18c) are 2 of the best AEPs on the market, BUT that's not to say they are good guns. Yes we say velocity doesn't make the gun, but it does give boost to some of the stats. And at roughly 200FPS with .2g BBs, your range is rather lacking and even if you hit a player they may not notice it because of the low speed. Keep in mind, that's 200FPS measured from the end of the barrel, not 20 feet away where it's likely much lower.

On top of that the stock battery is horrible. You'll get about a couple mags through the gun before needed to recharge the battery. With that type consumption, you're better to just use gas. With gas you don't have to wait 3hrs before shooting again. In the world of AEPs, it's high on the scale, but in terms of fielding it as a primary, it's not at all the best idea. Additionally, upgrading an AEP is not as easy as a Gas gun, nor is there as much info out there on upgrading AEPs as it's not something done all that often.

Honestly, I'd recommend a Wally World CO2 pistol before recommending an AEP for actual games. Now screwing around in a backyard or inside a house, or for tinkering -- yeah by all means take flight with the AEP. But as a new player (which I'm assuming you roughly are), I would not recommend ANY electric pistol. The Scorpion is the only thing I'd exclude.

Personally if you want my 2 cents, I know your spinning your tires to get out there and let loose. Right off the bat I'd buy ONE gun and get a few games under your belt. You're talking about upgrading/modifying an SR-25, getting a whole CQB loadout, and (take no offense in this but) you're doing it a bit haphazardly. You're hot to trot and I foresee you making quite a few buying mistakes because you're focused on the end result (playing) rather than the steps leading to you properly getting on the field. And I get it, we've all been there, and we've ALL made mistakes and wasted money because we were so ready to get out there and Rambo up and down the field like a psy-crazed bat outta hell. But you needa put your brakes on.
    Get a single gun, either standard sized gun or CQB gun and run with that for a bit. Eventually get your rig and personal accessories and gun accessories, THEN start considering a secondary. Once that loadout is complete, consider a second loadout and gun. It takes more self control, but in the end it'll prove more worth while and not waste money unnecessarily.

-mobile device-

11. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach

12. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I suggest that you get one good AEG for allround use and a reasonably priced pistol as a secondary/backup gun. For CQB you can't go wrong with an MP5, which will also work like a charm for field use. CYMA make good budget MP5's, if you're able to up the budget a bit you should consider an ICS MP5, they're considered to be among the best MP5's on the market. MP5's also have quite good aftermarket support, so upgrading and accessorizing it later on isn't a problem.

If you get a decent quality AEG, run it with a moderate battery and maintain it properly it'll be pretty reliable.

13. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    thank you for the suggestion of the ICS MP5, i will check it later.

when i buy the weapon i will buy 2 batteries of about 8.4V / 9.6V because loosing power during a game is something i want to avoid