CQB Spring selection

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TheLost, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    I've got a CQB setup I'm building and I'm basing on a G&P front wire gearbox with a non ported Cylinder, so there's not going to be ANY FPS reduction by that. I'm just wondering with that, what Spring would keep me under 350 fps. I was thinking a Systema M100, Matrix M100, or a Matrix M95. (Not factoring barrel, hop, hop compression and stuff) what would get me closest, but not over 350?

2. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    An M100 should keep you at 340ish.

3. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Really depends on the spring. With a matrix M90 I was hitting 370FPS in my G&P lol. My SHS M90 was at 340, but it's worn out and sits at 310 now. I'd say go for an M90 OP, a Guarder should do you well.

4. TheLost

Columbus
    Well, do you think I'll be safe with an M100 systemA? 'Cause I'm building a hi-Speed setup for my KWA CQR, and I'm just buying a new receiver, and buffer tube, then dropping in a G&P Front wire GB http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_68_518&products_id=39748

with Matrix Super Hi-Speed Gears http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_363&products_id=32917

a G&P Hi-Speed m120 Motor
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_73_381&products_id=25608

And one of the springs provided. And yes it will be shimmed.

5. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    That's a bad build.

An M100 is too weak for a high speed build. G&P M120 motors are obsolete. They are decently fast but nowhere as reliable or powerful as a good neo-magnet motor. I don't know what OEM the Matrix gears are, but you want SHS/ZCI/CORE (all have shady reliability, I prefer RiotSC whenever possible).

I suggest reading about pre-engagment, and also looking thought the Tech Notes thread to learn about what kinda of parts Techs use for different builds.

6. TheLost

Columbus
    Ok thanks, these were parts I was recommended. The matrix are Rebrands of SHS and I thought You want a lower power spring for Hi-Speed? Especially if it's going to be doing under 350 fps WITHOUT a ported cylinder. Do you know of any springs that would fit the bill then? without having to drop in a new cylinder? And for motors, what would you recommend?

7. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    It sorta depends on your definition of "high speed".

Back when the only AEGs were TM and CA, anything over 20 or 25 RPS was "high speed".

Now days you have stock Lonex M4's shooting 24 RPS on a 7.4v LiPo, so to me "high speed" doesn't start until at least 30 or 35 RPS. Besides that, guns with DSG's easily run 50 RPS and even past 80 RPS.

Figure out what your goals (minimum and maximum FPS and RPS, battery type) and budget are, then we can help more.

8. TheLost

Columbus
    Minimum FPS: 320
    Maximum FPS: 350
    RPS: 35+
    Batt: Preferably 9.6v or 10.8v, but will switch over to lipos if need be (if i do I'm going straight to 7.4v)
    Budget: 150 in parts. I'm for sure getting the G&P GB so I don't need to worry bout getting the small parts, random parts, etc. and so 150 in gears, motors, springs, guides, pistons, etc. (and not to mention lots of my time hah)

Thank you a ton for your help :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  9. TheLost

Columbus
    MODS please close this thread, I am going to make a much more specific thread because this one is a little too cluttered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.