CQB vs Field

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by CQBsniper, Dec 1, 2012.

1. CQBsniper

CQBsniper New Member

Outlook
    What do you guys prefer? The rush of close quarters combat in buildings or arenas, or the strategy and long-range accuracy (or attempts at long-range accuracy) of field/forest/long-range/whatever combat?

2. Napple

Napple New Member

Cqb, with field you have to actually worry about accuracy and there isnt nearly as much action

3. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Definitely think CQB is more fun. Field is good, but I prefer the fast-paced action you get with cqb. Granted, a full tactical assault through woods and across fields is great. With cqb you just get more action, more kills (probably more deaths) and more tired.

(Milsim is excluded from this, never played)

4. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    I love a field with a CQB in the middle. Especially when there is more than one built up area.

5. Ratface

Ratface New Member

I agree a combination of both is the best.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    And this is why I loathe CQB most of the time. I want to worry about accuracy and tactics and those sorts of things. High quality CQB is rare, but very enjoyable.

Absolutely. A nice MOUT experience is a great mix of both. There's nothing quite like clearing what you can see of a village from the hills above and then moving down to clear the buildings.

7. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

I like a well-wooded area as well as plain fields and a CQB "town". The field I own is perfect because it has a little bit of everything.

I like to have slow-paced games most of the time. It makes the climax of battle intense, and after awhile of no action you get paranoid. :) Slow-paced games are also more realistic in my opinion, so that makes it more fun for me. It does get boring every once in a while though, so I have a backup CQB town between my two other fields. Action is more frequent there.

8. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I like a good field maybe because I haven't played cqb but I enjoy hiding and it's a more true test of shooting skill.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    both are enjoyable. we alternate each week between indoor cqb and outdoors. strategies are different, but you can still use some of the same strategies for both (suicide runs on games with quicker respawns). 15 minute respawns changes how the game is played.

10. Ducky

Ducky New Member

A good field can't be beat. And by good I mean one that actually balances close-, mid- and long-range combat and allows for both plenty of sneaking and blistering action. Buildings are nice, but as a complement to open and wooded areas.

11. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Completely agree with everything you said. A variation is best.

12. RadicalAirsofter123

RadicalAirsofter123 New Member

Marine City
    I personally like field over CQB although I usually play CQB because there's no places were its always field. Like sometimes at my CQB place they got some land behind the CQB arena were we sometimes play in the woods...

So yeah I personally like field a lot more...

13. CQBsniper

CQBsniper New Member

Outlook
    That's exactly the way I like it.