Crossman pulse R72

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BAGunner55, Sep 22, 2012.

1. BAGunner55

BAGunner55 New Member

Washington DC
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this, but I need help.
    My crossman R72 broke a while back and I'm just now getting around to fixing it.
    Th symptoms are pretty straight forward.
    I plug In the battery and pull the trigger and get no response. Nothing what so ever. I used a voltage meter to check the battery and it's working fine.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong?
    I have a battle tomorrow and id like to be able to use it if it's a quick fix, I know I'm pushing the envelope here buy I figured if I'd try. Any help would be hot!

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I bet you blew a fuse. They cost around 50 cents.

3. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    It could be one of these

: blown fuse
    : Short somewhere in wiring
    : Trigger contacs burn out
    : bad motor

4. BAGunner55

BAGunner55 New Member

Washington DC
    It crapped out in the middle of a war, we were trying to haul tail up a hill with precious cargo and it just died in the middle of firing at the enemy. Makes me think it was a fuse.
    Any idea were to get one and how to replace it?

5. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    If you can't replace the fuse in time for your battle just put the two ends of the fuseholder together and it will work fine.

6. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

I personally do not suggest you do this if something happens, and over heats, your guns done for good!

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    You first have to find out if the gun has a fuse. It's easy to replace if you do have one and it's blown. Simply pop it out and put a new one in.

8. BAGunner55

BAGunner55 New Member

Washington DC
    So I took it apart and found the fuse, not blown, is it possible it has two fuses?
    To clear things up this is a G3 in case you didn't know what gun I was talking about.

9. Scarred

Scarred New Member

No. I've never seen or heard of a gun with two fuses. Try touching the two wires that the fuse touch together.

10. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    If the fuse isn't blown it could be: 1. shimming is too tight 2. problem with trigger contacts 3. motor crapped out. or 4. wiring crapped out. Numbers 3 and 4 are the most likely.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012