Crye Precision AC v G3 Pants and Shirt

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by broadsword, Nov 22, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Im buying crye precision combat shirt and pants but I dont know which version to buy, AC V G3. Whats the difference?

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye1.html

I like the Gen 2's and AC's the most.

3. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah they say the G3 is the most evolved and the newest. I think it looks better too because its got a brownish cloth in the middle instead of white.

4. Grin

Irvine
    The whicking material on the AC's and Gen 2'a are actually tan, broski. Crye's pictures make it look white. Honestly, I've barely seen pictures of any Mil personnel wearing Gen 3's compared to Gen 2's. Just because something newer does not make it better, but it is largely opinion.

5. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    yeah but the G3 is more of a browner multicam color.

6. Grin

Irvine
    It is true that the whicking material is darker. I didn't say that it wasn't, I just said that the material on the Gen 2's and AC's is not white.

7. ExcisableAnge

ExcisableAnge New Member

Orlando
    This may be a little late, but i own a pair of the AC and Gen 2's and i say they are superb and well beyond my expectations in BDU's. I would imagine that they contour to one's bent knee more effectively with the surrounding 4-stretch material, rather than the stiffer material of the G3's (i'm assuming from the pictures on the website). I agree that the newer product isn't always better than the old. If you haven't bought your BDU's yet, ask me some questions :)

8. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Yeah i like the material in the knees on the AC, but I like the looks of the G3 more and i like that the material in the G3 shirt mire cause it matches the darker brown found in Multicam

9. SandRaider

SandRaider New Member

Jacksonville
    I live in Florida, so the AC pants and combat shirt would be best for me.
    Is anyone trying to get rid of a pair of AC pants in size 32 or 34?

10. TheBlazinAsian

TheBlazinAsian New Member

It's true that maybe the G3 looks better but would you rather have looks or functionality? All these answers are going to be pretty opinion based. I'd rather have the AC set as its cheaper and still has great functionality though the G3 looks better (I actually like the look of the AC better). I say you try to see both in person and try them on and see which you like better. Our opinions are going to be different based on our preferences and body types, so there are a lot of variables.

Either way, it's Crye so how could you go wrong? ;)

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    So, correct my please, if I'm wrong. The first picture is Gen3(guy on the left). The second picture is Gen2? And the last one is AC?

Attached Files:

12. Grin

Irvine
    The first picture is of a G3 shirt, yes. You obviously cannot tell what pants he is wearing. But let me ask you this question: "What is the difference between Crye Gen2's and AC's?"

13. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    If I had to take a guess, it would be the shirt's center color.

14. TheBlazinAsian

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I saw somewhere that there is no difference. AC and Gen 2's are the same

15. Grin

Irvine
    Gen 2 is a generation of uniforms, not a specific one. This line includes both Navy Customs (NC) and Army Customs (AC)

16. TheBlazinAsian

Oh ok thanks for the info Grin! That clears up a lot. Thanks