CTrothier's Multicam Loadout

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by CTrothier, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    Hey guys, long time no post.

I need help with repro gear regarding blending of DG/SF.

References:
    dg tan softshell.jpg

gaypersec.jpg

On other forums, a guy named Mac came up with this:
    nightraid.jpg

The part I need help with is in what to get. I have $400. Obviously I'm not going to get the legit LBT Multicam 6094 at $328. What repro stuff can I get to replicate Mac's kit? I don't mind Condor -- reason being that I'm going to get a triple insert on the front so the front webbing won't undo, and then the pouches I do get I'll try to leave alone.

So what do I get? Thanks in advance!

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You aren't going to be able to duplicate a DG kit with $400. Just saying...

3. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    Noted. Been doing some shopping though, and using Condor could get me there. At most $180 PC/pouches, $70 softshell, putting me at $250. I still have $150.

4. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Not even close.. My cammies, and PC along are gonna run me close to $400 although if the LBT 6094 in MC is $328 I may get that...

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Get the Pantac 6094 Plate Carrier.

6. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    Last time I checked on LBT's site it was. What cammies do you have?

EDIT: Pantac PC: Specific dealer?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Alwin navy customs. I'm buying them soon.

8. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    I saw some on Dragonred. But IMO the site looks kinda sketchy, so I'm shaky on wanting to buy some there.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Dragonred is fine. Airsoftsmith.com for Pantac gear and Shootercbgear.com for FLYYE.

10. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    Thanks for the tip, Archer.

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Airsoftsmith.com is out of the Multicam 6094 Plate Carrier. Try Shootercbgear.com.

12. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    www.deploymentgear.com for the AWS 6094 ("operator's choice plate carrier"). Full review:

http://www.thegearlocker.net/2012/10/aws-plate-carrier/

This is probably your best option for an accurate MC 6094 for a reasonable price. Both the FLYYE and Pantac versions will cost more to get to your door and the Pantac version isn't very accurate to the real thing.

You'll want to get either a TMC insert from somewhere overseas (they go for about $10) or track down a Mayflower/LBT insert from the US for about $30. I found the Mayflower insert at www.optactical.com. They were out of stock the first time I went looking but came back in stock late last week. I bought the minute I saw it. No idea if they're still in or not. That'll be about $170 or $190 depending on how you go, not counting shipping.

Of course that doesn't include any other pouches, hydration, helmet, helmet accessories, boots, cammies/PCU, etc. I don't think you'll get there for $200 unless you really skimp. At that point, you won't have an impression. You'll have some gear that kind of could be something like a SEAL kit if you squint and pretend you're wearing a bunch of other stuff. Your helmet alone should come close to $150 for everything you need.

13. CTrothier

CTrothier New Member

Kingsland
    Thanks you guys. With Christmas coming around, I could hope Santa brings leftover kit items, along with some money. I don't think I'll pimp the lid like shown. I have a kevlar M88 and it's heavier than my buddy's RS MICH. Repro helmets surely don't weigh MICH weight. I want something that protects my head while looking cool when my teammates get similar kit.

I'm not really going for the impression. At $400/summer, I don't think I want to wait 3 years to look legit. I want the practicality of camouflage and protection mixed with training realism.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012