Custom airsoft gun

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ghillie-man123, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghillie-man123

ghillie-man123 New Member

I always wanted to have a airsoft m4 with 6 rotating barrels and it would have a high rate of fire and have high fps. Do u think this is doable and cool

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Do-able? Yes. By an amateur? Definitely not. Why not just build an m134 instead?

3. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Aesthetics aside, it would be hard to get good compression from the barrels, and if you even have the vast amount of mechanic's experience required to do this, you'd know that it would look really weird and noobish, I guess.

4. ghillie-man123

ghillie-man123 New Member

What I meant was that it would have a assult rifles body and rotating barrels for those that didn't get it the first time

5. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

We get it. It would be insanely hard to do correctly, not to mention that it would look really bad. Not in a good way.

6. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol you beat me to it :p haha

It's not that bad on the creative scale :)

8. customairsoft123

customairsoft123 New Member

My custom ak-47 Beta project makes that look **** :L my ak Beta is a compaque version of the ak-47 however it has the same length barrel as its just further back into the gun, my custom upgrades internally are a Tokyo matrui version 3 gearbox, a high talk Tokyo marui motor, a mad bull tight bore barrel, a CYMA / SRC m21 ebr sniper spring. External upgrades are a full metal body/reciever to replace the nil on fiber reciever , a full metal bottom mount rail which gives u a 20mm rail on top for a sight, a red dot sight, a light weight polymer and rubber finished folding gun stock, a 14mm threaded silencer and a universal grip/bipod in one :) I have all the parts and all the internals have been fitted and externals except for the stock, just need some screws lol , my gun has had to be restricted due to my air soft sights rules it chronod at 520 fps and 28 rounds per second and an accurate range of 150m so I had to restrict it to 360 fps :( unless I use it as a draganov variant sniper rifle which means it would have to be locked to semi auto , so no full auto and restricted to 500 fps lol :) I think I win plus would u use my gun as a sniper or AEG?

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    So, youre saying you having a maximum range of 150m without any type of hop up upgrades? Lol. I call BS on this whole build. I built a more impressive gearbox than this for cheaper. Your parts list wouldn't yield those results either. I call BS.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  10. customairsoft123

The gun when I brought it came with hopup upgrades as well as front external upgrades as I brought it from a shop were I live that sells custom aegs then I did those other upgrades myself and my m8 did the gear box I believe it has the Tokyo m21 sniper hop up upgrade in it I think or some other Tokyo marui hop up upgrade

11. customairsoft123

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The gun isn't shooting that hot with that spring nor is it shooting that far. Your part labeling is bad and you should feel bad. Any decent tech should know what's in their guns. Also, it's a rule to use proper grammar. I suggest you follow that rule so the mods don't have to intervene;).

Barrel length =/= range. You are lying through your teeth right now.

13. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

14. customairsoft123

15. Lil_Shady

I'm in a good mood, so I'm going to give you another chance. Go back and fix your grammar, and start using it in future posts, or you're going to go bye bye. Last warning.

16. customairsoft123

17. customairsoft123

You are clearly jealous and think you know everything about air soft which is evident that you don't as I know the capability of all of my weapons and air rifles

18. Lil_Shady

Ok class, today we learn what happens when you get butthurt and spout of to a mod. It ends in a 2 week ban. Make sure y'all study the rules so this doesn't happen to you!

~Professor Shady

19. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    Actually he can ban you for your grammar. Shady is one of the most knowledgable players on this forum and clearly knows much more about airsoft than the average player and evidently, you.

20. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    First off, I have quite a problem with what is said here. You make no indication on spring rates, specific parts are meh quality, and your parts that you mention don't even exist. You know what that tells me? You're lying. A TM High torque motor and gearbox are not going to hit 28 RPS @ 520 FPS. There are some very good techs out there that aren't capable of that. You're either lying about the parts in it or lying about the performance it has. I'm guessing the performance because most people don't know how to measure range properly. I bet you had your gun aimed up 45* away from the ground to get that estimate. The last part of your post is gibberish, mate. It makes zero sense. Even I can’t understand it, and I’m usually good at deciphering gibberish as most of my class speaks in a similar language.

Lol. You make zero sense here. What is this mystical "Tokyo M21 Sniper Hop Up Upgrade" you speak of that gives you 1337 range? Seriously, I'd like to know:). This part you speak of doesn't even exist! By the way, could I have the name of this custom shop so I could give them a call? I’d like to speak with them to find out the truth about the rifles they build.

Yeah, FPS is easy to attain. I can throw an MS210 spring into my M4, and reach 700+ FPS. You see me doing it? Nope. FPS is not everything. The reason your FPS is jumped on this certain example is because of air volume. In this case, you have a very short barrel with a probably very wide bore. When you dropped in a tight bore (probably around 6.03mm), you decreased the air volume of the barrel. This, in turn, causes the air pressure to rise inside the barrel causing a higher FPS. Though this is sometimes desired, it pushes the Joule rating to sometimes unsafe levels and decreases your possible accuracy. The reason you can get such a high FPS is because of the use of CO2 in that certain gun. CO2 operates at extremely high pressures.

I’ve said this many times, and I’ll say it again. Barrel length does not equal range. The first and foremost reason is because a long barrel will bend under its own weight after about 450mm. This makes them inherently inaccurate (Maeki is my source on this on ASM). If the barrel was much shorter, a slight bend in the barrel would cause less accuracy problems as the bend would have to be much more severe to cause the same effect. Another reason is the fact that you have much more barrel to stabilize and much more material that can cause vibration.

In an AEG, you have a lot of vibrations coming from the Gearbox. It moves around the whole hop up assembly and barrel group. Due to this, you have to make it so your barrel cannot move or vibrate within the gun. There’s only one problem with that. You have to be able to put it into the outer barrel. This still allows vibration and the effect will be more pronounced on a longer barrel because of the aforementioned reason in the previous paragraph and the more material that is free to vibrate. It gives it more space and time to affect the BBs flight path.

Another reason why I say your range is BS is because of the barrel used. It’s made from aluminum which is light. This is not good in any kind of barrel for any type of gun. The reason this is so is because of if an object is light, it requires less force to move it around. A stainless steel barrel is perform much better because of its heavier weight and it’s less prone to be sloshed around by the jackhammering of the gearbox. You made no mention of stabilizing your barrel, so I’m going to say that it’s impossible for you to reach the 150M mark.

My final reason I don’t believe you is your lack of evidence to support your claim. You provide no evidence that can be used to prove your gun shoots so far or that hard. Your parts are not very specific and can’t prove your point either. Heck, half of them have made up names that I’ve never even heard of.

Now onto why I don’t think the barrel you used is going to help argue your point. You saw the above reason, but there are a few more with the first being the bore diameter. When a few Germans did a laser measuring test on Madbull barrels, the diameter was closer to 6.01mm than their advertised 6.03mm. This is not a good sign as a tighter diameter barrel is bad for long range shots. Currently, there is a theory floating around which was made by some of the teching gods on airsoftmechanics. The theory goes something like this:

When the BB first enters the barrel, it has the hop applied to it. Once the hop is applied, it is pushed down because of the bump and that god awful thing that causes stuff to fall called physics. Once this force is expelled, it begins to stabilize. The time before useful motion is called “slop”. Once useful motion is achieved, the BB floats to the top of the barrel and rides the top all the way to the end of the barrel. Due to this theory, wider bores would be better because there would be more room for it to “bounce” around before stabilizing. In a narrower bore barrel, the BB has less space and can sometimes hit the barrel. This causes inconsistencies at range due to the variation in flight path every time it makes contact with the barrel. On the other hand, 6.01mm barrels are fantastic for engagements inside 200 feet. After that, accuracy depletes and the BB loses accuracy.

Now onto accuracy. I know, you think a longer barrel equals more accuracy and this is definitely not the case. There are many factors in accuracy and they include, but are not limited to: BB weight, BB spherical consistency, BB smoothness, FPS variation/air seal, consistent BB seating by the air nozzle, barrel movement/vibration (lack thereof I should say), hop up arm movement (cannot be any side to side play), nub angle (should be completely parallel to the hop window), nub movement (lack thereof again), bucking to barrel air seal, bucking movement (lack thereof), bucking hardness, bore quality, and a few more that I probably forgot to include.

Another thing that comes into range is FPS. I’m going to kind of contradict a previous statement of FPS =/= range, but to an extent it helps out. The more energy an object has, the further it can travel. This doesn’t mean FPS wise, but kinetic energy wise. There is a reason why heavier BBs are so much more accurate. Their kinetic energy carries them in the direction you intended moreso than your lighter .2g bbs. When you jack up the FPS to around 500 fps, this object gets more energy allowing it to travel further. I believe Star_folder had a nice write up of this on the “One Question, One Answer” thread. I suggest you guys check it out.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.