Custom Airsoft Painting Business

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by OutlawAirsoft, Mar 11, 2021.

1. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Hey all,
    I've been looking into the possibility/feasibility (mainly financial) of launching a custom airsoft painting business. Basically I would be shipped peoples' guns with a directive on what style they want with what colors, then I would complete the project and ship the gun back.

Unfortunately, Cerakote (which is what I am planning to use) is really expensive. Like $300 a gallon. So if I want to make any sort of profit, I want to charge the maximum people would be willing to pay. So I have two questions:
    1) What is the maximum you would be willing to pay for a custom Cerakote paint job, assuming you choose the design and colors?
    2) What type of styles would you be interested in? I already plan on providing American flag variations, some digital camo options, multicam options, and obviously solid color coats. Am I missing anything? I plan on getting a vinyl cutter and designing my own stencils, so custom pictures and silhouettes will also be possible.

What do y'all think of this idea?

2. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    people like skulls, that's probably a safe bet

3. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    I've seriously thought about looking into getting my guns custom painted or hydro dipped. Depending on the materials used and the durability of the paint, I would probably easily drop around $100 to $200 on the custom job. If the job also came with the ability to just send you the gun and have YOU dismantle it, dip/spray it, and put it back together, that would obviously up the price as I would gladly pay someone else to do that if I don't absolutely need to.

Hope that input helps in your decision making on this idea.

4. OutlawAirsoft

Hamilton
    That is helpful, thank you. I am looking into getting some Cerakote and practicing as soon as I can get some funds together.

5. GetHigher

GetHigher New Member

I had my EF 1911 BB custom painted in a space theme for $80 and love it, the dopest-looking pistol I have. I'd easily drop any amount if the quality was worth it.

6. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Sexy anime chicks! ^.^

7. Jay rollz

Jay rollz New Member

Cottage grove
    Well about 40 dollars worth of cerokote will paint about 2 full m4s I think about 10fl Oz spray able. It goes a very long ways. There's a lot of prep involved. Sandblasting etc and a 2.5 hr bake
    I think about 150 seems fair I can finish one with small parts in about 5 hrs

Attached Files:

8. OutlawAirsoft

Hamilton
    True, but for most patterns or styles you're looking at 3 or more colors. That adds up pretty fast.