Custom SCW3 1911?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by xxxRJRxxx, Oct 20, 2012.

1. xxxRJRxxx

xxxRJRxxx New Member

Altoona
    Hi AS!

Today I come to you with a simple question! I want to replicate the Western Arms SCW3 Government Aria. (Link: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-...3-government-black-aria-the-scarlet-ammo.html) I may buy this and not replicate, if I run into cash along the way. But anyway, I plan to use a KJW 1911a1 and paint the red accordingly. But there is one issue. THAT TRIGGER. Can I buy a trigger styled like that at all? I plan to buy/ make a grip like the one displayed, but I NEED to find that trigger or how to make one! I would be grateful if one of you could help me with this endeavor.

Thanks--
    -Robert

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The short answer is no. A normal 1911 trigger engages a trigger shoe directly behind the trigger. Pulling the trigger draws the shoe straight back and into the sear. A trigger as shown in the WA you linked to would require a completely different and probably more complicated design. You couldn't just drop a part in. You'd also be left with a big gap where your old trigger used to be.

3. xxxRJRxxx

xxxRJRxxx New Member

Altoona
    Crap... What a shame. Well..it looks like I'll be pinching my paychecks for a while. Thanks Knief.