Custom sniper

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by biohazardairsoft7, Dec 23, 2012.

1. biohazardairsoft7

biohazardairsoft7 New Member

kittaninng
    Ok biggest project I'm ever gonna work on ok other than my aep 5.7. I want a m40a3 sniper real bad I don't want to pay over 600 .ok so my plan I'm really good with wood work so I thought I can make a custom stock outta wood won't be to hard but the only thing is .I think I can but I'm not sure I want to give like a plastic polymer feel to it but I'm gonna give it the od green paint any one want to help me on this I'm taking a Agm vsr for the build.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton

3. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    That stock is awesome. To the OP: make sure you have lots of woodworking experience, because if you don't, the stock will most likely end up looking really cheesy. What model do you want to base the stock on?

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    In his original post he says the A3.

OP: also realize that the stock I linked was done using a CA M24 receiver, so he may or may not be able to give you perfect pointers. In the thread he says a VSR style gun will take more work. So like ncore stated, you should be a really fantastic wood worker to get this stock right. Good luck, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Also, upgrades? Have you done any to the stock rifle yet? If not, I could give you a few pointers if needed.

5. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

You also cant just make a stock has to be the whole lower. Which isnt really hard. The lower on my UTG M324 i think only has 2 or 3 screws that hold it on to the upper.

Then i think theres the mag slot and the trigger hole. I dont think it would be to hard to do. The real hard put would just be getting the curves and everything down. Going to be a crap ton of sanding.

6. biohazardairsoft7

biohazardairsoft7 New Member

kittaninng
    Instead of the Agm vsr I'm going to use a jg bar 10 and I'm gonna upgrade it I have a broken vsr 10 that I can get measurement Of the inside I'm not the best person with wood but I have a lot of people who can help me with this I've been wanting one so bad so y not make it does any one have the stock measurements

7. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    You could take my advice and message the guy that I linked you... Or better yet, make an account on Airsoft Sniper Forum and type M40A3 in the search bar. A lot of people have some fantastic M40's over there. One of them even used a real steel M40A3 stock to make his rifle, he would probably be the best person to talk with.