customizing the front end of a m4

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by slowdownimasian, Dec 5, 2012.

1. slowdownimasian

slowdownimasian New Member

I have a big ris with only an afg on it, are there any attachments that are useful to have on it? or how do you run you ris? Pics would be cool! :)

2. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    You gotta get an m203 those things are sick you could also get a laser or flashlight for cqb

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Change the RIS to a Noveske 12 inch.
    [​IMG]

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    It's all personal taste. If you feel like you have everything you need, then maybe get rail covers, and be done. if you feel like you need something, do it.

Hmmmn... M203s are kinda a waste for airsoft, and the flashlight and laser are personal preference. Although, I will admit that I am experimenting with a flashlight setup right now.

5. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Useful attachments...

Like it's been said. If your mission will likely require search/clearing dark places or buildings, a mounted flashlight can be useful. Of course, if you only play in open areas during daylight hours, a flashlight would be completely useless weight, and a waste of money.

A vertical or angled foregrip is a question of efficiency. Most people just grab the magwell (do a few speed-reloading drills and watch where your support hand goes). Doing so rarely causes malfunctions in airsoft guns, and there is also no recoil, so support hand placement is often not important as long as it's comfortable and efficient.

Don't let all that rail space make you think you *have* to bolt crap on. It's just there to give you options for when you *really* need it.

6. slowdownimasian

here are some photos so you can get a better idea of my dilema. I have a 16.25 inch ris and it looks kind've stupid with nothing on it haha

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      25.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  7. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    You could get a peq box I don't know where your battery goes..

8. slowdownimasian

its wired to the back :(

9. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Maybe a bipod? A red dot?

10. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    I'd stick with the AFG, Harris BiPod, a magnified ACOG, and one of those dummy bayonets. They're awesome, and super cheap.

11. slowdownimasian

do you guys think it looks cool? haha