cybergun 1928 thompson,

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by S.I.T., Jun 15, 2020.

1. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    looking for wind up gear for cybergun 1928 thompson, Gear used to wind spring, Also need to know how change short motor in same gun.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    More details please.

Gear to wind what spring? Hicap Spring? Drum Mag Spring?

As for changing the motor. Google and Youtube is your friend.

S.I.T. likes this.

3. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    thanks for replying. the gear thats in the front of the spring box in a drum.

4. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    So the motor and housing are one unit?

5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Those springs are not sold as an part you can get. You will have to take one from another drum mag with another issue. Or post a picture of your spring...perhaps we can assist in adapting it from something else.

No. Motor is in a cage that screws to the mechbox. At 43 seconds in video..it shows how you can get to the motor quickly without full AEG disassembly.

6. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    heres the gear I'm looking for, The mag must have been wound backwards, the shaft has a broken spring tab, I cut another and it works but I'd rather have the correct one, And you can see the wires to the motor are just pushed in snugly to make it work, Again I'd rather have it corrected . I can do it but just need the parts, bought this as-is. Old mag works, Got a new one and she rolls. I like it. But now know why guy sold it so cheap. Any idea's? Shitty camera DSCF6051 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6052 - Copy - Copy.JPG DSCF6052 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6053 - Copy - Copy.JPG DSCF6053 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6054 - Copy.JPG DSCF6055 - Copy.JPG DSCF6056 - Copy.JPG DSCF6051 - Copy - Copy.JPG DSCF6053 - Copy (2).JPG as?
    DSCF6051 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6052 - Copy - Copy.JPG DSCF6052 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6053 - Copy - Copy.JPG DSCF6053 - Copy (2).JPG DSCF6054 - Copy.JPG DSCF6055 - Copy.JPG DSCF6056 - Copy.JPG DSCF6051 - Copy - Copy.JPG

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    You need to use Macro mode on your camera. Your to close on Automatic mode.

Spring looks fine. But, as you say it could be installed backwards.

Cybergun Thompson were sourced from a low bidder. Wholesale on those thing cost them about 30.00...

Are there any connectors on the motor wire at all?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  8. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    My old M1A1 had some week [email protected] metal. Dropped in my house Barrel first on my wood floor and broke the outer right in front of the mag. Didn’t even leave a scratch on the wood.

You might be able to use a standard m4 hi cap internals for some of the parts since they look close.

9. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    no conectors,wires just wedged in enough to make a connection.

10. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    the gears look identical. I'm gonna give it a try, Spair parts are always good to have around. Cool idea my new friend. I don't play But I love to shoot. was a small arms mechanic in the army. Now can you replace the motor in this gun? I've only had it out once. It's gotta be able to come outta that cage.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The Hicap spring is going to be far too small. That drum has to feed about 600 rounds...cheap ACM Hicap mags...they only feed 120. You need an older style TM Hicap spring at least. Or a Firefly spring which could push 450 bbs per wind.

The Motor is screwed in via two halves in that cage.

I would recommend getting a connector kit with 110 blade type connectors....oh wait...you motor doesn't even have any blade terminals from the look of it...yike...wow...really cheap.

12. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    seems everyone is misunderstanding me. its the gear that the spring connects to at the center. if this was a stick or banana mag it would be the one you wind up on the bottom. yep cheap motor. now what motor would you recommend as a replacement?

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The gear is non-existant outside of a China parts bin.

Cybergun was never in the market to make spare parts. You will have to find a bone yard for another gear or have one 3D Printed.

Replacing the motor will do nothing for you since the wires don't even have connectors on them. You might as well just solder the leads on to the motor. Because upgrading the motor is a waste of money on that AEG, especially if it still turns over.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  14. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    I thank you folks. You all gave me better idea's then what I was thinking.

Evan J Johnston likes this.
  15. Automobilie

Automobilie Active Member

Might be able to get that gear out of a different model hicap like an AK or M14. Most internal bits are reused.

16. S.I.T.

S.I.T. New Member

Great Falls
    I just looked at my m-14 hi cap and it will work, now I gotta order one. The motor was an easier fix then I thought, Used a small piece of the broken spring drilled 2 holes in it, soldered a wire to one end and screwed the other to the screw that holds the electro pos/neg connector in place. then just readjusted the motor. Again thanks. But I do have another that needs help.