Cybergun, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by davepr, Sep 29, 2012.

1. davepr

davepr New Member

So I'm looking at buying the Cybergun Colt M4, and wanted to what your thoughts were about Cybergun and he M4 for a beginner?

Thanks

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Cybergun does not make any guns, so it might be hard to guess what gun you have on your mind. Post a link and someone will surely help you.

3. davepr

davepr New Member

4. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    I've done a lot of research in the past on this gun, and I wish I'd have gotten it, The gun itself is made by CYMA, and seems to have a great reputation.

5. davepr

davepr New Member

Thanks, knowing who makes it will help, it's in my price range and I do like that it's metal as I'm not the most carful with things lol

6. Edonkulation

Edonkulation New Member

Vinton
    The only thing you need to watch out for is that some of the externals are of a cheaper, thinner metal, and that the stock battery (hopefully you won't keep that thing for long) is of a poor quality. The button that would reset your bolt on a real steel AR has very thin metal on the spot where it is attatched to the gun and will probably break or be broken very quickly. The battery that it comes with is notorious for having the wire connectors break off of them due to very shoddy welding over an unusually thin piece of metal. The gun itself performs amazingly, has great distance, and a very high rate of fire (even with that total piece of a battery). The people I play with field several of these and I had one for a while myself (all the above problems were common with all players weapons) and, everyone loves this gun.

7. davepr

davepr New Member

So fun to play. But cheap workmanship.

Any recommendations for a beginners gun around the £200 mark (excluding the battery?
    )

8. Edonkulation

Edonkulation New Member

Vinton
    It works well enough just buy another battery and you will be ok, if its gonna take a while for a new battery then tightly wrap some electrical tape long ways around each stick of the battery twice, that will reinforce the wire connections on the battery enough that you can use it if you're careful.

Also note that you should do this immediately upon opening the box (yes, it's that bad) to be absolutely sure that there's not much of a chance you could accidentally break that connection.

9. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

My dad had a cybergun Thompson... He got it running 30 rps at 400 fps. Works great...

10. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Cybergun has some truly douchebag business practices (Registering trademarks for universal airsoft terms like Hop up and such (and other companies names) in other countries to prevent those products from being imported). I would avoid them at all costs in the future.

The guns they market are all rebranded. If you find a Cybergun you like, find the OEM and buy that instead of supporting Cybergun.

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I couldn't have said it any better.

OP: listen to this advice and find the OEM. I'm not sure what it is but my guess is Cyma, I could be wrong though.

12. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

Especially with their retarded supposed BAXS hop up..

13. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Depending on the price cyber gun is not the best of companies but it makes cheap knock offs of expensive airsoft guns but If I were u I'd just save up for a g&g,echo 1 or classic army

14. davepr

davepr New Member

I do think it is a cyma as it looks the same info reads the same too

15. davepr

davepr New Member

Ok so it doesn't seem to that good after all.

Thanks for b heads up.

Can anybody recommend any gun for around he £200 mark?

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    An SRC will be around that price. However look into Cyma M14's or AK's, very well built and not that expensive. Just be sure to get one over the CM028 number. Another great cheap option would be a JG. Either an M4/M16 varient or a G36 varient.

Here's some options:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/jg-g36c-assault-rifle-g608.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/two-tone-src-g36c-gen-iii-airsoft-rifle.html

http://www.airsoftworld.net/src-m4-sr-16.html

Not sure if you have to get two tone but I added them just in case. Another company to look into is the G&G Combat Machines. Not amazing, but they do what there supposed to do. And in the future you can upgrade them with better parts, both internal and external.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  17. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    What? Do you even know what you are talking about? Cybergun takes guns and just throws licenses on them, and gives them a new box and manual, just because Cybergun licensed a bad gun doesn't mean you should stay away from anything they get their hands on, I have owned two guns licensed by them, and they were both great guns, most reviews on Cybergun licensed guns are good too, as long as it's not from a cheapy line or manufacturer.
    OP: I think you should definetely consider the gun this thread is about, also look into jg's m4s and g36s, as well as CYMA's cmo28 + up (aks).

18. noobie

noobie New Member

I'm getting a cyma m4 it's looks decent 375 fps any thoughts

19. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Man, don't thread jack.

20. noobie

noobie New Member

Sorry man I'm a noobie rember lol