CYBERGUN FEATHERWEIGHT M249 PARA

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by callsign:D.B.Memer, Feb 25, 2020.

1. callsign:D.B.Memer

callsign:D.B.Memer New Member

So what's the LMG community's thoughts on the cybergun featherweight M249 para ? Coming in at only 8 pounds mostly reinforced polymer & a upgraded Ver.2 gearbox ? I have one myself & I haven't run any long games to test it's longevity but I have run about 2,000rds through it from an a&k 2500rd box mag for a break in & it seems to be running satisfactory also who TF knows how to take off the bipod ring ???

Gearbox Specifications:
    Aluminum alloy gearbox shell
    8mm metal bushings
    Sintered steel 20:1 gear set
    Plastic delayer chip for optimized Full-Auto cycling
    Aluminum cylinder
    Polycarbonate tappet plate
    Polycarbonate piston
    High compression polycarbonate piston head
    High compression polycarbonate cylinder head
    Polycarbonate lightweight nozzle
    Quick-change spring guide

I know it's pretty much a cardinal sin to run anything but a big brick gearbox inside a LMG but with the stock upgraded internals & wide range upgrading compatibility & familiarity that the V2 gearbox has what is y'all's opinion on this entry $200 lmg platform ?

2. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

I was tempted to pick one up just so I can put a ridiculously built Retro Arms gearbox into it but have heard disappointing things about its external build quality and durability. I know that my PTS EPMs can feed at high ROF so as long as standard M4 mags fit then the only bottleneck I can think of is the Cybergun's hop assembly, which I know nothing about.

I was also tempted to pick one up due to my morbid curiosity in seeing how people at our field would react to seeing an M249 with a 9mm conversion magwell and SMG mags poking out of it lol

A friend of mine went to the Evike Airsoftcon right around the time these were released and he said they were giving them away as raffle prizes in huge quantity. I'm surprised we hear so little about them as this was a good four months ago now.

callsign:D.B.Memer likes this.
  3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Stock and upgrade should not be used in the same sentence about AEG components. Its only "stock". Upgrade means an improvement over another condition and that did not happen.

It's all marketing BS to hook the inexperienced player.

With that, it's a CYB product. Quality has NEVER been in their offerings. They made it light for one reason...to make it cheap.

4. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Ive got one and liked it. Replacing the gearbox. Already put in a rocket high torque motor. Replaced the bipod. Using the a&k 1500 nutsack. Prommy red bucking. Added a battery bag attached to the para stock and use a 7.2 3000mah nimh or 8.4 3800 nimh battery. Im wondering what upgrades have people done? Whats a extra tough build for the gearbox?

5. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    To remove the bipod theres 4 screws( 2 on side 2 on bottom. I took it off and punched out the pin since the top part of the bipod seems to help stabilize my barrel a tiny bit. Then attached a 9" bipod to the bottom rail. Its sits further back but should be fine.

6. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    My question on this is gun is has anyone been able to remove the muzzle? Id like to add a sound amplifier but it looks like this is all one piece and not removable.

7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
  8. Richard Paoletti

Richard Paoletti Member

Hibbing
    It’s threaded. Mine is atleast not sure if there’s a grub screw on it though.

9. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    So by the diagram looks it unscrew in the middle of the front sight. I don't use that so maybe a can get the sound amplifier attached. Ill try a hairdryer and see if I can get it off on my next day off. Won't be stealthy at all but I want the loud gun for this one.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Hair dryer may not be hot enough if it has thread lock on it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  11. The Lords Hand

The Lords Hand Member

No Where
    Hair dryer and elbow grease. Lots. Added a short extension and the nov sound amplifier