Cybergun Pietro Beretta 92FS (07041) Box Art

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by Dead_Christmas, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    These are the cardboard inserts for a retail Cybergun Pietro Beretta 92FS (07041). The replica is actually modeled to resemble an M9. Manufactured by Kien Well Toy Industrial Company, KWC.

CybergunPietroBerettaCoverFront_compressed.jpg CybergunPietroBerettaCoverBack_compressed.jpg

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Why are you posting the box art from one of the worst Airsoft companies ever?

3. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I'm sure that in ten years at least someone will appreciate having documentation of them. The circumstances around these products is unfortunate at best, but they were my childhood. Cybergun also knew how to make cool, flashy boxes which we don't usually see anymore, also unfortunate. I also couldn't think of anywhere else to put these.

I'm throwing away all the Crosman manuals I have. They've done the great service of scanning them already and making them available online. Having manuals and products numbers makes collecting older, harder to find models that much easier.

Stin and redmoon3580 like this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Honestly...not very many of these CYB products are still in existence today and the original product that came with them are few and very far inbetween.

5. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I think you're half-right. Many of the products listed in Cybergun's catalogs have been rebadged by different companies. Some are still available in NIB condition, even today. The clear ones are just a tad harder to find, but many are merely sitting around waiting to be sold online, or used again. NIB, or even used copies of some Cybergun replicas with the box are even more rare.

They're not just collectibles. If even just one copy of an "impossible to find" model ends up in the right hands, then its information can be preserved for others to use as a guide or simply enjoy reading. All it takes is one paper insert to clarify on what time has obscured. I'm still discovering new things with each one. I find it quite exciting!

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Some of the information on their packaging is Propaganda, some is made up and some is just outright false.

The clear ones were not made as a "feature". They were made to abide by importation guidelines. And to prevent criminals from using the "replicas" in crimes.

CYB made "nothing" they coat tailed and copied everyone else...or just had the factory make it and the slapped a fake badge of authenticity on it and denigrating a brand.

7. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    You're right, there's tons of misinformation from Cybergun, past, present, and likely future.

I did not claim that being clear was a feature, just that they were a bit more difficult to find.

You're also right about Cybergun making nothing themselves. The most obscure products that they marketed and badged their name onto, some made by Toystar, others by Academy Plastic Model, and others made by seemingly untraceable manufacturers, could've fooled someone to believe that Cybergun made those items themselves. However, I've yet to find a single product that hasn't led me to an obscure OEM, rather than Cybergun themselves. Until I find one, I'm inclined to believe, from what I've found so far, that they probably only made the paperwork and boxes. It wouldn't surprise me if they had outsourced that too.

Denigrating a brand with some of their products is agreeable. Of course, you're aware that the company who gave Cybergun the licensing likely had a chance to see those replicas for themselves, first. ;)

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    There were two people that made those boxes. One was a guy (his name is slipping me ATM...)in France. Other was a lady here in MN Daria Tractenberg (sp).

Incorrect assumption.

The licencor in fact did NOT know what the hell was being branded as their product. They were all pretty much hands off and expected an accurate reporting and a royalty check, which they did not get often and accurately.

The only company that got fussy with their brand was S&W and they had a chit-fit when the wrong colors was used for their packaging. It had to be blue and black. Not white and black...

9. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    They actually outsourced it!? I was just trying to make a joke. :eek:

While I am quite aware of your decades spent deep in the airsoft industry, and certainly believe you, I must ask, how on Earth did you learn of the licensing issue and these people?

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Because, back in 2014, I was brought on at the time by the Chief Operating Officer N. Golz.

He was trying to remake Palco into a powerhouse USA Airsoft supplier. So, yes, I worked for CYB/Palco as the Global Sourcing Manager and I was in the fight...sadly...19 months later. Due to bad corporate decisions that sapped the global company of all it's readily available cash and blowing the opportunity with Glock.

CYB closed up USA operations...plus I was making some people in France look very bad...and the French stick together even when they screw up.

11. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    May I ask about what was going on in France?

Also, would you happen to know what 3PSA means?

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    What, back when I was with CYB? Or before I was at CYB and they flushed 20 million for an MMO called War Inc?

13. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Both would be excellent, if you'd be willing to spare the time and energy. *Bows*

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    My NDA has expired.

Pick a category and a time frame and I can enlighten you a bit.

15. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I would like to know what happened in 2015 with the French.

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Oh that's simple. In a nutshell...

The sent in a cost analyzer. He laid off the dead beats, he recommended that they close Spartan Imports and incorporate everything into the MN location.

Then after the cost savings were initiated, US office tried to tailor goods for US market. French did not agree, but told us to essentially prove it. I got new Global Manager, he and I toured new facilities in Asia. New boss realized I had a deep pool of knowledge and resources that could help the global company. My French counter part saw me as a threat. He tried to develop some projects to bring up his name (look up Airsoft Prismatic for one) which were not successful. My small successes continued to roll, while France continued to blow cash on additional bad products.

Internal corruption of OLD USA management came to light (Back loading the warehouse lease costs over 10 years). They had to cut costs again...so they termed all USA operations except for 3 sales people.

17. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Oh! The Dueller! I remember you telling me about that years back. That's the double AF with nothing to justify the cost of it. I also remember you saying that the slide stop was made of steel, and the slide made of aluminum so the slide stop would gouge out the locking point, right?

What does it mean to back load warehouse leasing costs?

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Yep...that stupid pistol. Steel mashing on T6061....dur.

So if the warehouse at 45,000 square feet costs $6.70 /sq ft to lease a year for 7 years. But, you want a lower lease payment in year 1-3. You shift the cost of say 3.00 / sq ft to hit in years 5-7. That means you back load it.

Year 1-3 $3.70/ sq ft.
    Year 4 $6.70/ sq ft.
    Year 5-7 $10.70/ sq ft.

That is what the General Manager did to make his costs low. And thus he got a sizable bonus each year for keeping his "costs" low.

Plus, he also agreed to the clause that in the event that anything broke down during our occupation, we would pay for the repairs. HVAC, Plumbing...etc.

Total screw job. And corrupt in lining their own pocket.