Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two years ago I bought 2 Cybergun M1A1 Thompsons, about 150 each at the time. Now they are running around 170.

On paper and visually the CYMA Thompson is identical. The receiver, barrel and trigger group is advertised as metal. Visually they look the same except the Cybergun has white painted serial number etc. It has the black painted stock reinforcing bolt. The cheapo 90 dollar guns are just plastic where the reinforcing bolt is.

The CYMA is selling for $100. If I'm going to upgrade the mechanical components I'm going crazy trying to figure out if I should buy the CYMA.

Anyway, Black Friday Deal at

Font Recipe Wood Internet meme Food

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Premium Member
6,439 Posts
The Cybergun Thompson most likely is a rebranded CYMA Thompson so the CYMA is a better deal.

· Administrator
12,637 Posts
The CYB Thompson is No Longer a CYMA.

Another Airsoft Group cloned the CYMA for CYB back in 2017 and reduced the cost...yet they sell it for more.

It's another one off of a one off of a TM.

· Premium Member
6,439 Posts
The CYB Thompson is No Longer a CYMA.

Another Airsoft Group cloned the CYMA for CYB back in 2017 and reduced the cost...yet they sell it for more.

It's another one off of a one off of a TM.
Soo, they cloned the clone?

· Administrator
12,637 Posts
Yes...which is SOP for many of these makers now...

· Registered
176 Posts
I have no experience with either brand, but last year, I did buy a King Arms Model 1928, mainly because it was the only 1928 I could find with a correct top-mounted charging handle. Thus far, it's done all right, although the hop-up needs readjusting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts