Cyma 052A or Cybergun M249 Para "featherweight"

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Hartman96, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    I've been out of the game about 5-6 years now and I'm looking to get back into it with a LMG build. I've been torn between the RPK and M249 until i found the Cybergun. The Cybergun M249 uses a V2 gearbox which IICR is very poor for an LMG build, the price is very nice but this is the biggest holdup for me.

Has anyone had any experience using the V2 in an LMG build vs the V10 or V3?

I do intend to upgrade these as well which is one draw to the V2 and V3 vs the V10 as I've had more experience on those 2 gearboxes. But I plan to use a pretty beefy 11.1 hi discharge battery.

https://www.evike.com/products/95084/ (cybergun)

https://www.evike.com/products/61225 (cyma)

2. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Save up for an LCT RPK. The price difference is worth it over cyma. Otherwise, get an M249 with an actual LMG gearbox (never heard it called a V10 before). Aside from the spring guide, all of the parts are V2/M4 spec (Nozzle, cylinder head, etc).

3. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    As fred said, either get a normal M249 or save up for an LCT RPK. The externals are much nicer than the Cyma. The internals are solid overall, although the stock motors are pretty bad, but you already said you were planning to upgrade it anyway. Even though Evike raised the prices on both, the LCT is worth the extra ~$60.

Chow likes this.
  4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I can sell yo a FightLite LMG for 210.00 Shipped, new!

[​IMG]

Comes in Long, Medium and Para.

5. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Is that the JG/GE one?

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Yes, the only one.

7. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    Thank you for the advice, I went with the A&K M249 like you suggested.

I could have sworn I saw them called V10 a few years back but after some searching I cant find it anywhere so I guess I made it up :p:D HaHa

8. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Keep in mind that an A&K M249 that I worked on had *the worst* compression I've ever seen on a stock gun. Like, it had trouble getting BBs out of the barrel with zero hop. Also, you may want to invest in a bullgear hopup chamber.

Hartman96 likes this.
  9. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    I have that exact gun and use an 11.1 v battery in is. works well and i a have had no problems with it, though i imagine i will eventually need to replace the gearbox. to be on the safe side, get a 9.6v battery for it.