CYMA AK or M4?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Arkyd, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

'Ello everyone. I haven't been on for a while...
    Either way, a while back I asked what type of AK I should get. I'm a beginner, with only a cheap springer to calm my woes. So in the end I was recommended the CYMA CM036 AK-47 from Evike, and I was kind of happy I had finally found my gun. What I realized after a while was that the gun is cool, yes, but doesn't give you those awesome "kudos" that's possible with airsoft. So my thoughts went to the most common Airsoft AR, the M4. I'm looking for a good beginners gun, (Electric) not necessarily high FPS, preferably ~300 and higher, and easily upgradeable, both internal and external, though MOSTLY external, since I'm not the warming, internal kind of guy, all in a price range of around 100 to 150, if that's possible.
    Please reply if that's possible, and I'd it is, point me in the right direction, and if it's not possible... Point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

2. Flamesword47

Flamesword47 New Member

A combat machine is a pretty basic m4. It has many variants and has models in your price range. It is good for beginners, it has a good FPS and RoF. You might want to look into it.

3. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Can you show a picture from it on Evike?
    Also, one of the reasons why I want an M4 is because it looks cool. After all, if you don't like your gun, you won't do as well with it.

4. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

If you want a cyma go for any of their ak's above 028. Im not sure of their m4s. But for an m4 go for JG, make sure its the "enhanced" edition

5. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Can you find me one on Evike? I also need the m4 to have a semi-automatic switch. Rapid fire and semi.

6. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

7. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Daaaamn. That looks good. Does it work with a higher battery that can last longer? If you can point that out, with a smart charger, Booyah too. Also, what type of bb's can I get that won't (.20) jam my gun, or break it, and run smoothly? I'm not looking for pro stuff, but just something that won't kill my gun or throw of my shot. Shouldn't cost too much please, my budget isn't big... Yet.

8. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    I personally prefer AK's to M4's because with the AK if you put just the slightest bit of work into upgrading it it will be super unique. I own a CYMA 028 and out of the box it was knocking my friends G&G Desert Raider flat on its back. I recommend you get a plastic body, because I hear their metal bodies are prone to cracking. Then if you want a metal body you can pick a G&P metal body for $60.
    Just my $.02

9. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Lol. The problem is, I'm having trouble finding a cool black AK, and M4's are sexy anyway.
    Though what type of .20 BB's should I get?!

10. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

Elite force .20s or higher. do not get crosman or sporting good store bbs. Never use .12s. Other great bb brands: goldenball, ksc, ics, airsplat. I recommend the elite force .20s or .23s of any of the others I listed

Get an intellect or vb power 9.6v 1600mah battery. I have a vb power 8.4v and its beast. Hasnt died on me yet. Make sure you do get a smart charger and also get pforce silicon oil. .20s wont jam.your gun. if something wierd happens to jam it then I dont know

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  11. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

The silicon oil is for lubing the barrel, correct? How often should I live it, though? Also, can you give me a link to the .20 elite force BB's?
    Thanks for all your help, P.

12. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

13. Topojijo

Topojijo New Member

If you want an black ak go with this one:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_486&products_id=27473
    (pay $15 more and you can get the one with the side folding stock, or $5 more for another folding stock)

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_486&products_id=31891
    This one has a shorter barrel.

This one has many different stocks. Underfolding, sidefolding, m4 stock and normal stock. This one has RIS on it, which makes it better for external upgrade.
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_486&products_id=30161

Hope it helped.

14. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Thank you so much. By the way, what overall is better, AK, or M4? And of the AK's you showed me, which would you recommend?

By the way, the M4, is it a reliable gun? Will it break if it gets pushed from one side an held by the other? Will the barrel break if I trip?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  15. Pezturbator

Pezturbator New Member

I heard JG bodies are tanks. They will take a huge beating. Im not sure if thats just their G36 line or everything. And idk about the barrel.

16. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

In general, do high quality gun sellers barrels break easily?

17. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    I you fall on it right any barrel from a JG to a CA or higher brand will snap.

18. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Ah. By the way, does the M4 need any assembling, and If so, is it baby material, or screw this into that, etc?

19. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Generally, if its metal bodied, youll have less chance of snapping it. Maybe bending it, but I've taken tons of falls, with various guns. M16's, p90, svd, none of them had anything worse than a scatch. Just don't throw it lol. As far as releiability, it depends on the brand. If you really like the look of m4's I agree with everyone else on either a combat machine or a jg. Both are easily upgraded internally and externalls, but I have heard some cambat machines ris rail is fixed to the upper receiver, which is a bummer.
    As said, anything above a CM.028 for an ak will do you fine. If you really want black, you could always paint it. Externally for AK's though your a lot more limited...money depending.

As far as quality wise, CYMA for AK's and G&G(Combat Machine m4's) and JG M4's are all pretty sturdy. You'd have to try to do extensive external damage. When/if your going down, just either turn and land on your back or tuck you gun into you, dont land on it lol. The quality of a gun mainly depends on the retailer in airsoft, not the gun type.

20. Arkyd

Arkyd New Member

Lol. By tucking it in you mean holding it against your chest and extending your elbows? Also, what is a combat machine? (sorry for my lack of... Knowledge.)