Cyma ak47-s ris

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by SeanG, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    I happened to come across one of these (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30161) awhile back for pretty much free (got it plus a WE Hi-Cappa 5.1 Dragon for $60 total, later sold the Hi-Cappa for $60).

Now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order to raise the bar on it. It's an "ok" gun as is, but internally I'm sure there are a few things that can be done to increase not only the ROF but also keep it between 330-400 (the local CQB wants 350 and our outdoor field runs no more than 400) so either of those would be a good goal.

Externally the first thing I noticed was that the rear stock sucks, very wobbly and when in it's retracted position it affects the fire selector (this could easily be fixed with a little dremel work. What are my options as far as getting a full stock fitting on it, or maybe even a crane stock w/buffer tube?

So far my plans are to:

• Completely disassemble. Replace any parts that are broken/missing.
    • Rewire entire gun with low resistance wireing, add MOSFET & Deans connectors.
    • Reshim & regrease all gears.
    • Add Sorbo pad and adjust AOE.
    • *If piston teeth are stripped replace with SHS 7 metal teeth piston & Lonex POM piston head w/o-ring
    • Replace spring with either a M110 or M120 (Systems, Guarder or Prometheus)
    • Check air seal. Replace air nozzle if air seal is poor.
    • Replace inner barrel with Madbull 6.03mm (455mm) barrel & either systema or prometheus (soft) bucking
    • And either a Lonex, SHS or AMP torque motor.

All help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Well to add a full stock you'll need to replace the lower receiver with one like this,

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_84&products_id=34564

Evike also has AK buffer tubes, but again you'll need a new lower receiver.

The parts list you have seems good, if you want to save a bit of money do Teflon tape mods wherever you can, (piston head, hupup etc.) That way you can get a good seal.

If you want to add a bit of speed to your build you can swiss cheese your piston and rather then getting the SHS piston head pick up a lonex POM piston head. That will decrease the weight a bit and combined with the lonex A2 motor it should give you a slightly higher rate of fire.

3. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    Typically I use teflon where I can, but if there's still a compression issue it's left at the air nozzle which would have to be replaced since I can't reasonably put teflon on there (at least to my knowledge). As far as the piston is concerned I don't plan on having to replace it unless it is currently garbage (haven't opened it up yet to look) and I believe I'm using the Lonex POM on my M4 right now, so I don't know why I listed it as putting the SHS one on. (edited the opening post)

Thanks for the link to the lower reciever, wasn't sure what all would have to be replaced in order to go from the crappy folding stock that it currently has to a full stock option (but I knew there would have to be something replaced).

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Glad I could help some. If your piston isn't in bad shape you can still swiss cheese it though. I mean why not, its easy to do and it will make your gun better.

5. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    Sounds good, but here's the noobtech in me, what's "swiss cheese" in regards to your piston?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton