Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a huge fan of the AK platform and recently purchased cyma's polymer AK74. unfortunately the hop up is widely ineffective. its pretty loose and either causes the bbs to go straight up or straight down, pretty frustrating for a decently new gun. now i may just be inept, but regardless i need some help

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Is the gun brand new? For whatever reason Cyma rifles always seem to have this weird oil on the hop rubber. Might just need to clean it or break it in. Otherwise, try tightening the 2 screws that are holding the adjustment slider on. Make small adjustments, AK hop up design honestly kinda sucks so they’re annoying to tune in my experience.

Reactions: Rocky6074

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Or he is shooting a .12g bb...

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its only seem two or three games so yeah it's still pretty new, I appreciate the insight and will try your suggestions
Is the gun brand new? For whatever reason Cyma rifles always seem to have this weird oil on the hop rubber. Might just need to clean it or break it in. Otherwise, try tightening the 2 screws that are holding the adjustment slider on. Make small adjustments, AK hop up design honestly kinda sucks so they're annoying to tune in my experience.

· Administrator
12,536 Posts
Bad .20g can cause the same issue...though not as apparent...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.