CYMA AKCR X-Gen Series AK74 smart buy?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by TacticalNutella, Jun 7, 2015.

1. TacticalNutella

TacticalNutella New Member

2. Mikanator

Mikanator New Member

Fort Worth
    "Polymer receiver" = Nope.

Polymer AKs have a tendency to bend, break, and creak. In general CYMA makes fantastic AK internals, but avoid polymer.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Don't discount a gun JUST because it has a polymer body. Yes just like metal some polymer is made cheaper and thus is more brittle than others, but just because the body is polymer doesn't mean you should discount it right off the bat.
    Internally it's still a CYMA AK, which has a long record of being a pretty good budget AK brand. Externally, it leaves a bit to be desired, but then again, this is a budgeted budget gun. That is to say they took a budget gun and cut a few more corners to further lower the price. It will likely make a gun beginner gun, but I would not buy it with the expectation of using it for some time to come. There have been a few reports of body problems leading to the user buying a new body.

4. Jeranhound

Jeranhound Active Member

Seattleish
  5. Mikanator

Mikanator New Member

Fort Worth
    In my experience, the VFC take-down is well worth the extra money. But if you replace the hopup you need to get the round version, not the Pro-Win style.

6. TacticalNutella

TacticalNutella New Member

Awesome. Thanks for the replies everyone.