Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm thinking about getting a CYMA CM.048M and an issue that I see popping up all over the Internet is wobbly/ weak stocks, super glued flash hiders and charging handle being able to affect the hopup adjustments.
Just want to know if at least some of these issues have been fixed/ if it is worth getting as a starter gun, if not, what ak do you recommend?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
CYMA AKs are pretty decent for the price / as a first gun, you'll learn a lot from one.

048M, that's the full stock version right? Usually the wobble is just due to the fitment between the stock and the bracket being a little loose (deliberately, easier to assemble). Solution is to remove the stock and cut out some cardstock shims to place between the stock and the bracket.

Flash hider, those are difficult to remove by design (thanks gov) but a heat gun and some messing around will eventually get it off. Once you get the pin out you're on easy street, glue softens with heat. Getting the pin out though... violence may be needed. Make sure you depress the AK style locking pin on the front sight post before trying to twist the flash hider off.

As to the mock bolt / charging handle hitting the AK style hop adjustment lever/arm, this is more an issue with krinks or other AKs that have a shortened receiver as the bar the 'bolt' rides on isn't supported in the front which allows it to wobble inward. On full size AKs that bar typically extends into a hole on the front sight block and it's much more difficult to push it in far enough to hit the hop adjustment level/arm.

I have several AKs and they are fine guns. Be aware your optic options are limited, you either need to use irons or accept that you'll have one of those bulky side-rail adapters. You can get AKs with picatinny rails on the handguard or dust cover but they usually aren't to solid. You can get a rear sight rail adapter but optic placement with these takes some getting used to. Motor grip options are limited, PTS Palm is about the best if you can find one. As far as working on them, upgrades, etc, they are fantastic once you get used to the takedown. They take well to GATE inline mosfets, but if you can find a v3 Perun they bring a whole lot more to the table. On all my AKs I slip a GBB fill port oring behind the screw that holds the AK hop adjustment lever so it takes some effort to make changes, haven't had any issues. Can also use gearset shims. Every AK I've worked on has benefitted from a layer of tape around the barrel 'butt' to shim/tighten it up in the front and/or rear sight block. If the front sight assembly is loose, I've also drilled and tapped a few of them to add a grub screw. MAG brand midcaps are great if you can find them, BlueBox AK midcaps are a newer name and so far have impressed.

Edit: wanted to add, prowin v3 hopup chamber works very well in AKs but the spec is a bit smaller than the CYMA gearbox, need to file ~0.75mm off the front screw post for it to fit. I have a retro arms v3 hop I haven't installed on anything yet, if you ever consider getting one hit me up first and I'll measure it so you know what to expect :)

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Hi I'm thinking about getting a CYMA CM.048M and an issue that I see popping up all over the Internet is wobbly/ weak stocks, super glued flash hiders and charging handle being able to affect the hopup adjustments.
Just want to know if at least some of these issues have been fixed/ if it is worth getting as a starter gun, if not, what ak do you recommend?
Thanks in advance.
Just want to throw in that I had a Cyma CM-048 for a while and it was fantastic. I had that one as well as a CM-045A, and I liked them both. On my 048, I never had issues with the stock wobbling or issues with the hop up. The stock seemed decently built and I liked it. The adjustment on the hop-up was better on both the 048/045A than it was on a cheaper Cyma AK (028S) I had previously. With the 048/045A, it held the hop throughout the day at the field much better compared to the cheaper Cyma where I would have to adjust it every 15-30 mins or so. I kind of remember the charging handle hitting the side of the hop-up arm if you weren't paying attention, but it was fine if your held onto it has you closed it.

I eventually sold the CM-048 since I like the smaller frame/lighter weight of the CM-045A better. However, it was still fun to own for awhile. Just using good quality/heavier BBs and installing a ML packing/nub combo would help increase its range and groupings and make it field ready. I made some notes on mine in the WIP threads in my signature if that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts