Cyma cm035 or cm028

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by cdaryl, Aug 28, 2012.

1. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    Hi guys. I'm asking this question for my friend. He just started airsoft and he loves ak... I narrow down the choices and end up with cm028 and cm035(ak47 and aks-74u) I own the cm035 myself it's full metal and it's great. I don't know which gun though as i never tried cm028 before. Which one should I get?

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    The higher the number, the better the gun. At least for CYMAs.

3. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I started with a cm028, which is a great stater gun, and is not as expensive as the other. Although it is mostly plastic on the outside, it's performance was great. I would go cm028 so that if he wants to get more serious about Airsoft he won't spend all of his money on a starter gun. I was able to sell my cm028 for $75, and since it was two years old, and originally $100, I didnt lose money. I then used that cash to get a Classic Army ak, for $50 with my trade in CYMA. Don't spend too much on a starter gun if you don't have to...

4. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    Nice language, thats very offensive.

OP: i woukd go with the 35. Its only $30 or so more, depending on the retailer. It is full metal, with an outstanding internal build for the price.

5. RyantheChimp

RyantheChimp New Member

Twin Cities
    Agree get the cm035..........

6. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    I have a CM028a and it broke 3 times now

7. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Both are good buys, but if you have the money AND are willing to spend it get the 035

How did it break? What led to it breaking?

Why do they suck? -_-

Tossing out claims without backing is the easiest way to be over-looked, or ridiculed. GIVE DETAILS or simply don't reply/post.

8. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Okay, I am deleting dumb and useless comments from here. If you have no valuable information that you can back up with some evidence, you do not get to post.

9. EAGLE_17

EAGLE_17 New Member

Minneapolis
    My CM028 broke first cause of the crappy gears and I got it back for my warranty then the wires snapped which I was able to fix and the the gears busted on it again so it's in the shop wright now.

10. agmm4

agmm4 New Member

The the wiring in mine was screwed up and the gear box messed up to I'll never buy another cyma

11. raiders

raiders New Member

I found a cm022 for 52.99$ would that be worth buying?

12. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    Don't thread jack, but no, it wouldn't be good. Any CYMA below .028 is an garbage LPEG.

13. raiders

raiders New Member

Ok thanks for the help

14. cdaryl

cdaryl New Member

Hong Kong
    OK Thanks. I think I would tell him to get the cm035 although he thinks cm028 looks better...

15. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    If he wants to pony up a bit more money, he could probably get the same basic AK style from CYMA with real wood and full metal. But it does cost a bit more.

16. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    I prefer aks-74u (cm035), because it has a foldable stock and it is more easier to handle. Also, CM035 is full metal and not quite easy to break as you said it is great.

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I've owned both guns. The CM028 performs nice, but I just hate the plasticy externals. I prefer the CM035, gotta love that metal body

18. mikenike

mikenike New Member

The Metal Body will last you longer and will be better in the long run. Definitely worth the extra $30.

The CM028 is OK for a beginner gun.

The CM035 will be a lot more reliable in the long run.

tl;dr

CM035 > CM028

19. motocross_guy

motocross_guy New Member

My cyma has never broken it's really great I have about 40,000 round through it and 30,000 of those rounds is through a 9.6........

20. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    The only thing I don't like CYMA is that guns have quite a lot defects:/