CYMA cmo35 upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by pmang6, Jul 25, 2012.

1. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Hello!

Before I start I just want to say I'm new here so forgive me for any newb questions and the like.

Ive had my cyma cmo35 for almost a year with no real problems until now it has started to double feed and loose range. After reading a couple of threads about ak upgrades i was thinking about going with some thing like this (sorry copy and paste wasn't working so i just screen shoted it and disregard those mags, just something i needed to pickup) My goals are 17 rps with an intellect 8.4 stick and 370 fps with reasonable accuracy at 100-150 feet. My budget is 200 max but preferably under 175. Thanks for the help!

(p.s. im not really good with posting pictures so if it doesn't show up i'll need some help)

Attached Files:

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Stick with the stock Cyma chamber, Cyma actually makes very good hop-up chambers. Ditch the silicone oil, get pure silicone grease instead. You can forget running this setup with a small stick type ni-mh battery, it hasn't got nearly enough power for the motor. Get a stick type 7.4v li-po instead, should put you close to 30rps if your wiring is solid and everything is tuned properly. You don't really have to replace the stock gears and piston if they aren't damaged, Cyma internals are pretty strong really.

The hop-up bucking is okay, personally I would just get a Lonex or Guarder bucking and do the Flat-hop mod. The r-hop is better, but requires more tweaking, the flat-hop mod is almost as good and is easier to do. personally I would get Lonex compression parts, but SHS parts will get the job done too. I have no experience with Cyberwolf mags, but I know from experience that KA makes very good mags, just in case you're looking for alternatives. MAG is also a low price brand with good quality from what I've heard.

if you're going for SHS gears, make sure you get a set with the 1st generation bevel, or replace it if it doesn't. The 2nd gen bevels are no good. An alternative is Lonex gears, those doesn't come with a lower ratio than 16:1, should still give a very good ROF with a good 7.4v li-po though.

Where are you buying the parts from? The only US retailer I would recommend is Clandestine Airsoft. I use Ehobby Asia and WGC Shop myself.

3. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

WOW lots of info thanks so much this was from airsoft atlanta but I'm having 2nd thoughts about them btw do you know of a good stick type lipo that will fit my budget also how do i know if i have good wiring its just stock cyma and what is the flat hop mod? again thank you so much.

4. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Thanks for the advice do you know of a 7.4 lipo (preferably with appropriate charger and lipo sack) that will fit my price range with the other components? how do i know if my wiring is good again the gun is completely stock also i was just firing the gun and while messing with the hop up i realized that it straight up didn't work and had no effect on the bb the worst part is I'm taking it to skirmish today!