CYMA Full Size M14 Airsoft AEG Rifle Internal Upgrades

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by NR500r, Apr 24, 2018.

1. NR500r

NR500r New Member

ARMADA
    have $300 to spend on just internal upgrades alone. The Airsoft gun I want to upgrade is the CYMA Full Size M14 Airsoft AEG Rifle. My buddy gave me a some scopes that will fit this M14 so I'm not looking for external upgrades right now. I want to have this gun as a outdoors DMR but I find it's lacking in range. Yes, I'm well aware this is a cheap $150 gun so I'm not saying it's a bad gun. I've built a few Airsoft guns before but it's been a long time since I picked this hobby back up. I want to know what's the best spring, gear box, hop up, motor, and barrel, and piston and what ever else I should consider for internal upgrades with a $300 budget? I might even go $350 to $400 if it's worth it. So, keep in my mind I want it to be reliable as well. Thank you!

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    All you're looking to improve is range? What fps is she at, and what BBs are you using?

link0 likes this.

3. link0

link0 Well-Known Member

SF Bay Area
    You shouldn't need more than $100-$200 to get all the main upgrades out of the way.

SHS HT motor $35
    Stock gears $0
    ZCI ($25) or Prometheus Barrel ($60)
    Stock hop up unit $0
    Flat-hop $20 for a tech to do it, $0 if done yourself
    Shimming/AOE correction $40 for a tech to do it, $0 if done yourself
    O-ring nozzle $5
    Double O-ring cylinder head $10
    Piston with full metal teeth $10
    Deans connector $1
    7.4v Lipo $10

-Spitfire-, Splode and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  4. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    ^all this. Then chrono your fps and make sure you are as close to local limits as possible. If not, check compression/switch to the right spring. Then get some heavier bb's. At least 28s. Prefer 30s IMO.

Although, if you are only looking to improve range, you dont need half of those upgrades. Just flat hop + heavy bbs + correct compression/fps.

link0 likes this.
  5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You do realize he has a M14 and not a V2 type mechbox. Many parts for the M14 V7 are not that easy to get and match up.

Oh wait...Air Rattle is selling V7 parts for cheap. Double V7 Cylinder heads for 2.00...get it while you can...but dont expect that they all will magically mesh together for the best performance. You will have fitment issues.

link0 and Splode like this.
  6. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    I know what you mean. I don't even bother switching out nozzles half the time due to how often they aren't correct size and cause feeding issues.
    Other than nozzle though, I dont see much mentioned that would cause problems fitting together.
    As I said, he doesn't need to change much to get better range. Just flat hop, barrel, bbs, compression.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The Stock Chinese Cylinder may not play nice with Taiwanese Lonex Cylinder Head. If it's loose he can tape it. If it's tight...then the issue is not so simple.

8. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    I usually can achieve perfect compression with teflon tape mods or maybe new o-rings. I've never had a stock cylinder head that couldn't be made to achieve full compression. Usually its the piston head that gets the compression issues, not the cylinder head.
    I'm not sure how a cylinder head being too tight would be a problem. Wouldn't that just give better seal? Or were you talking about an aftermarket part not fitting?o_O

9. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Btw, with that big of a budget, you might as well get a fancy schmancy mosfet and throw that in there.
    Otherwise, just do the basic upgrades we mentioned and put that moolah towards another gun.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Cylinder not fitting on the cylinder head does not automatically equate to a good seal. It can be to small and will not slide over o-ring.

11. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Yeah, I thought you were talking about stock. The stock one should be more than fine once compression is fixed unless he throws a high power spring in there or something and the stock one is cheap plastic. Im not sure which one they put stock in the m14s but it should be fine for the average setup. All I'm saying is that its not necessary to change. Stick with the major things and put money toward something that matters more.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.