Featured CYMA Grey AK47 Upgrade advice?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by lukelocklair, Dec 7, 2017.

1. lukelocklair

lukelocklair New Member

akron
    Greetings! i’m new to the site, and sort of new to airsoft. i bought an AEG cyma ak47, has around 400+ fps and a folding stock with the quad railing for attachments. i was wanting to know about upgrades for this gun? mainly for accuracy or fps increase. my budget isn’t really too high, but i can do around 200-300 bucks... but would prefer cheaper if possible.

oh- and i would like to know about good lasers and sights for this gun, thanks in advance!

i can post a picture if anyone needs me to later.

2. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Cheapest and best upgrade is heavier BBs (0.28-0.3g) and clean the barrel.
    Fps increases are pointless if they take you over the field limit.
    Decent lipo batteries and a basic Mosfet will improve trigger response, and internally, certainty initially there's no point in doing anything other than shimming, decent lubrication and angle of engagement to aid longevity and smooth running. Also check the air seal components are doing their job correctly.
    After that maybe go for A Modify Soft Flat Hop and nub to help lift those heavier BBs.
    There's not much point with magnification at Airsoft ranges, and you want the wide field of view and the light gathering capabilities of the MK 1 eyeball, but a good red dot sight will serve you well. Don't forget a lens protector!

lukelocklair and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.

3. lukelocklair

lukelocklair New Member

akron
    although i’m sure your advice would help if i were better knowledged, i have no idea what half of the words you used mean after “shimming”. i’ll review your post with a bud of mine and i’ll see about all that stuff. thanks :p

4. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Google and YouTube are your friends!
    Basically it boils down to... You don't need to buy fancy parts to make a half decent Airsoft gun shoot well. Mostly it's about getting the parts to work well together and run smooth. Most of the things I rattled off and doing the fine tuning that the factory doesn't bother doing.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  5. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    We have several guides stickied in the Building and Modification sub-thread that talk about basic tuning and upgrades, worth the look.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.