CYMA M14 vs JG AUG

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by IrishJibber, Sep 15, 2012.

1. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

Which is more accurate?

2. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    They are roughly the same. Although I'd probably say the aug is slightly more accurate. But I know for a fact that the aug has better stock ROF.

3. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    The m14 has a 500 mm barrel and the aug has a 550 mm so that may or may not give the aug a slight advantage. It really depends on the quality of the barrel and hop up in both guns.

4. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    It may just come down to the one you like the looks of the most. The AUG may have better ROF, but the M14’s going to get amazing stock range…..I’ve heard some bad things about the JG AUGs (although Tackett did some amazing things with them…) so all in all, I think I’d err on the side of the CYMA.

5. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I'm curious as to what bad things you've heard. Small battery space and the back plate issue, or the weak motor/spring ratio are the biggest two and they are both easily remedied. The aug also gets really good stock range ~150 feet. I have owned both guns, and I would recommend the AUG over the m14. Another big advantage of the AUG is its super quick and easy to disassemble, whereas the m14 is quite an undertaking.

However an m14 will always win in the looks department. As well as the v7 gearbox being MUCH easier to work on than the v3.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    My JG AUG's barrel was 495mm.

In terms of the gearbox, I have no experience with the V7 or know how easy it is to work on compared to others, but I would say any extra added ease in the V7 is negated by the disassembly of the M14 itself.

The AUG has potato level simple disassembly. There's 4 easy steps to get to the gearbox and only about another 5 to get the hopup separated from the upper.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Cyma m14 isn't TM spec on the inside. Remember that. It has a proprietary nozzle. I think you could probably get an m4 nozzle to work in it though. Also, v7 disassembly and reassembly has SSOOOOO many screws. There's like over 9000. The inside of the gearbox is easy to work on though. The cylinder is also shorter than a normal cylinder. Therefore, my vote goes to the AUG.

8. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    I stand corrected. I just heard there were reliability issues with the JG AUGs.

9. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

What is the difference between the AUG A3, AUG Civilian, and the AUG Military? JG makes three different models. Is one better than the other?

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    There are some trigger issues, though.

AUG A3:
    [​IMG]

AUG Civilian: AKA A2
    [​IMG]

AUG Military: AKA A1
    [​IMG]

11. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    That is the real AUG A3. The JG AUG A3 is different:
    [​IMG]

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. Sorry bout it ;). I knew it was the real one.

13. Lungs

Lungs New Member

I would just like to mention that a whale ago I bought a cyma m14. My first impressions were incredible with both the performance, rate of fire and feel as well as the stunning aesthetics of the gun. It's weighty metal/abs construction had me with a stupid grin for weeks.

Though after two short months of proud ownership (and only two skirmishes) I encountered a problem. It simply wouldn't fire.

Since I have changed the battery, battery charger jammed the unjamming rod down the barrell more times than is good for the gun. I have changed the gearbox changed the fuse and a variety more. Now the gun has reduced me to a wreck whom is seriously considering chanting pagan mantras and investing in a ouji board.

Oh well, what I guess I'm trying to incinuate is that the more you pay, the more you get, after all Cyma is a Chinese brand not hugely renowned for its reliability. A friend had a double eagle shotgun (also china made). It was an expensive seventy pounds and boasted a solid metal construction. Sadly within weeks the stock broke.

As seems to be the case with all in life you pay for what you get. Anyways that's just my experience and opinion.

Be good to know what you guys think.

Olli. Aka Lungs

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Anyways, these guns stock, will be about the same. Crappy. Lol. Upgrading them is the way to go.

15. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Are these your only choices because you can't go wrong with one of CYMA's AK's line or a JG M4(not the S-System though).

16. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

I was looking at a CYMA AK74u. If the JG M4:M16 line will outperform any of the other guns, then I will consider those as well.

17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Why not an S-System it has as good or possibly better performance and other JG m4s?

18. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    If you're looking at cyma, look at a CM 048. They're real metal and wood, and are really great guns, with lots of upgrades available. It's an ak74, but not the "u" version, so it's full sized. I'd also check out the CM 046, I have one and the blowback is really fun :)

Supposedly, airsoft ak's have the perfect length barrel to stabilize the bb without being too long and making it inaccurate. Don't know how true it is, but it's something to think about.

The s-system would also be a great choice. I looked at one a while back, and almost bought it. And I don't even like m4's.

19. IrishJibber

IrishJibber New Member

I recently found an ICS Sig 552. Would that gun vastly outperform the JGs and CYMAs since it is an ICS? In other words, is it worth the extra money?

20. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    All they gun we have mentioned have almost identical performance because for the most part they used the same grade or parts in the under $200 dollar range. One thing I about the Sig it may have a split gearbox because it is ICS and make working on the internals a LOT easier but I'm not sure if the Sig has one.