Cyma M14

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by UsMc-alltheway, Oct 24, 2012.

1. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    As you requested Archer:D Ok here it is, I have a Cyma M14 I want to become a DM so far I need to shoot NO MORE than 450 fps and need it to shoot about 300 feet, I know I'll need to have an R hop, i need to know what upgrades to the internals ill need to make, and anything else that could help. Also my budget is about 170. Thanks guys

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Thanks for what? You did not even ask us a question.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, you got the R hop which is good. :p
    Parts list:
    -Lonex Short Torque (48)
    -Lonex bucking (6)
    -Lonex M4 Nozzle-tapered one (5.5)
    -IR hop (17.5)
    -M nub (12ish?)
    -m130 Spring(10)
    -Ball bearing spring guide for v7 (10-20)
    -70D Sorbo (5)
    -neoprene backer (1.5)
    -16 AWG wire (1.5)
    -Deans (1.5)
    -MOSFET-either DE or legitdood(15-20)
    -Gears (20) OPTIONAL
    -15T piston (9)
    -Lonex Piston head (15) or element orange POM head (6)
    -Stock barrel
    -Stock wiring harness and gearbox external parts
    -Stock gearbox (radius)

Mods
    -Stabilize barrel
    -Shim hop arm
    -Compression mods
    -AOE
    -Shim
    -polish cylinder
    -Wash BBs
    -Polish barrel insides
    -Radius cylinder windows.
    -Polish gearbox (OPTIONAL)

EDIT:
    He was wondering what internal upgrades he needs..... He clearly said that.

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    [

EDIT:

He was wondering what internal upgrades he needs..... He clearly said that.[/QUOTE]

Okie Dokie Artichoke

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Eh.. I feel I came off kinda rude there o_O. I hope you didn't take offense....

6. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I deserved it. I was trollin

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Eh. In that case, I hope you become so pissed that You want to come to my house and kill me. I hate trolls. xD (I hope you can tell I'm kidding:p) Anyways, I suppose now we wait to see what USMC has to say about this.

8. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Archer, why the ir hop instead of the r-hop? Sorry for thread jacking on this one post usmc..
    I guess just pm me on why the ir hop- I'm planning on putting an r hop in so I want I know why you say put in an ir hop.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The IR hop is easier to work with and it works in both normal conditions and cold conditions. It's less reactive in different temperatures. This causes less variations on shots due to less expansion and shrinkage because of the temperature.

10. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Alright, thanks Archer ill get right on it....any idea on where i can ge thte bulk of this stuff together? And no prob Glocksman its fine.

11. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Alright sweet. I'll get the ir hop instead. Thanks! :)
    And thanks for letting me thread jack. :)

12. barrencross777

barrencross777 New Member

Rome
    Hello guys, i'm sort of new in this. I also have the CYMA M14 and want to do some upgrades as well, but what is the function of the IR hop? does the bucking goes over it??? Also if I get a M130 spring do i need to change the stock motor?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I suggest changing the stock motor just because CYMA motors are junk IMO. The benefits will pay off in the long run. The IR hop is a little patch that goes in the barrel window. It helps add more consistent hop as well. I suggest you go do a bit of research about it as it isn't a drop in modification. It requires fitment to each barrel.

14. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Yeah I had another guy that worked on M14s tell me what I needed and he said basically wiring and stuff and I was like but I heard the motor on it burns out so he won't be working on mine.....now I have to find someone else to do it
    -_-

15. barrencross777

Rome
    Thanks for the info. Currently I am having issues with my M14. It shoots a couple of rounds fine and then it starts shooting at a lesser distance and bb's go down to the left , then it fires BBs in couples until it finally cloggs. (It only happened twice since as soon as i see its doing it i stop firing.) I took off the inner barrel and some little scratches are seen. HELP

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Hmm. Your issues seem to be compression issues at first. Then they progress into feeding problems. Lol. Can you take a video of what you mean?

17. UsMc-alltheway

Tampa
    Well just found out theres no other guys that work on M14s in my area-_-

18. barrencross777

Rome
    Ok I'll try to get a video. Currently the thing is taken apart as soon as i finish I'll do it then il PM u

when this started i changed the cylinder head for a Lonex GB-01-08B
    Aluminum Cylinder Head for Ver.7; and added GB-01-10B
    POM Ventilation Piston Head; GB-01-46
    Polycarbonate Piston-Ten Metal Teeth, and it continued to do it. I took apart the hop up group and cleaned the inner barrel with brass polisher which took much of the scratches off. When i putted back together it was working ok but i noticed that it has less range than before, and on the second part of the next game (after firing about 1 magazine of 300 bb) it started to act up again in the same way. I was told that it may be the bucking.
    Anyways i'll get a video of it as soon as i put it back together.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Alright. I'll be awaiting your PM.

20. barrencross777

Rome
    Ok problem solved it seemed it was a bucking problem since it's not doing it anymore ( i got rid of the scratches in the inner barrel as well with some Brasso) I also replaced the Lonex piston for the stock one, i think the Lonex piston was too heavy for the M100 spring that comes with the gun and the sluggish motor. I will leave the piston for when i go ahead an put a M120 spring (it's way above the law in Italy where the legal limit is 1 Joule.) and get a new motor. I left the Lonex piston head, which is also heavy but gives good compressionand left the Lonex ball bearing steel spring guide as well. However it still shoots less far than when everything was stock. I compared it with a stock D- Boyz SCAR-L (with the stock longer barrel) and the SCAR outshoots the M14.