CYMA m14

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Southpawlegend, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I recently got my girlfriend into playing airsoft and want to purchase and upgrade a gun for her and i was thinking of a CYMA m14 because it will work well with me with my sniper.

I was hoping for some input on what parts I need because we play with no fps limits and we wanna kick this thing up as nice as possible without changing the barrel, trigger, but we do wanna mount a scope and a bipod and maybe a hand grip any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

would like to get the gun/mounts&scope at the same time then upgrade in order:
    battery
    motor
    spring
    piston/piston head

Ps. if anyone knows of a bipod i could put on my Sar 10 and what mags i could use as extras would help
    help please, this will be my first upgrade job. and a hopup upgrade/barrel upgrade possibly?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

The search function works well. The CYMA M14 is popular, so is upgraded a lot. I am quite certain that you will find what you are looking for with a simple search.

3. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    i know i saw the disassemble guide but i spent all of yesterday searching and i still ended up unsure of what parts i needed exactly
    and was hoping someone around would know more about my sar then i do so they could suggest a hopup/barrel/spare mags i could use with it i spent 2 days of google web searching before i asked on here

4. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    gf wants hers to shoot atleast 500fps so what a stronger spring/motor? and possibly a 9.6v battery? some gear shimming and i'm currently looking for a thread explaining hopups because i cant even begin to understand them.

5. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Why 500? 400-450 is plenty. a 9.6 will work fine. hop-ups are used to put backspin on a bb which increases its effective range. better hop=better range.

6. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    because we all play with high fps guns 450 is like the low end of our fps spectrum. she honestly wanted to try and put a m190 spring in it but i just that thats a bad idea.

7. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
  8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    You could put a M190 spring lol, have fun putting it in lol ;) Jk Jk

Just grab a high torque motor and a piston if you're not worried about rate of fire.

You can hit the 500 fps range with some basic mods and using the stock gear set lol :)