CYMA MP5s

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by MrGoodkat, Aug 31, 2012.

1. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

The title says it all, CYMA MP5s, are they any good?

2. AaronAlexander

AaronAlexander New Member

3. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    How about compared to echo1 vector arms mp5's?

4. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Good for what. Internals, externals, fps, RPS.

5. albinotroll

albinotroll New Member

Enumclaw
    Honesty a Ics (proline) will do you better Qc, fps is cqb unlike the cyma, RoF should be better and externally should be a bit nicer

6. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    So theirs echo 1 vector arms, cyma .041's, andddd ICS mk5's?? I cant decide!!

7. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    That's because you haven't thought about what is important. You need to figure out what you want in terms of Price/Externals/Performance/Value/Upgradability/etc.

Although really, if you can afford an ICS MX5 Pro, that's probably one of the best options out there.

8. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I've thought about it more than you think, price doesn't matter (to an extent), I know i want a full stock to hold a larger batter, and I want ris.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  9. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Most MP5 stocks are interchangable, so that's not much of an issue. Besides that though, large batteries are pretty much obsolete when you could just use a mini-sized 7.4v 2200mah LiPo and shoot thousands of BBs on a single battery.

10. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Whoops, my bad. Externals.
    In this case I am looking for low price with decent
    external quality and upgradability.

11. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Look for long-term reviews of CYMA, JG, and ICS. The ICS Pro are on the expensive side.

12. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Out of the three ( cyma, vector arms, and ICS) I'd like the most upgradable one? Or can they all take basically the same parts?

13. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    They are all pretty much identical, the only difference is the ICS uses a two-part gearbox shell (which is totally awesome), otherwise they all use Version 2 MP5 parts.

ETA:
    The ICS will also come with a great set of gears, and the T3k motor, which is pretty much only second to the JG Blue in terms of torque, in a stock AEG motor.

14. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    What's the whole two part gear box? Will that make it more confusing to upgrade or does it not need it?

15. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

It makes it much easier to change springs but I am pretty sure it only comes in a couple of their mp5s.

16. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    +1

It's just the MX5 Pro that has the 2-part gearbox. And I wouldn't call it "awesome" if it made anything worse...