CYMA thompson ( chicago type writer)

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by sar-10sniperr, Dec 4, 2012.

1. sar-10sniperr

sar-10sniperr New Member

My freind bought a used CYMA Thompson. We played a couple games with it and I was surprised, the range was insane!!! It shoots at least 300ft.! NO LIE, idk if it is just the hop up but... Do u think that it was upgraded

2. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I highly doubt he's effectively hitting out to 300feet. He probably r-hopped it but even then it'll be around the 220-240feet IME.

I really like Thompsons, WW2 guns look wicked. I intend to pick up a MP44 sooner or later, now that looks like a beast.

3. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I highly doubt it was 300ft.
    Even with R-Hop as stated as above.

And the stock KA Thompson's or even TM's for that matter don't reach that far on a 300mm barrel.

You can aim up lol

4. sar-10sniperr

sar-10sniperr New Member

He didn't do anything to the gun, but like I said he got it used so I think that the last owner did something to it... And it at least will go 300 ft I have no idea how, and R hop isn't it cuz that wouldn't reach 300 ft

5. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Please do let us know what sort of mod is achieving the unrealistic figures you speak off. Range is gained through upgrading the components in the hop unit. So whatever it is, you'll find it in there.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol. Magic Airsoft GI fairy dust :D

Lol. Lobbing shots I assume.

7. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Lol!

I just find it annoying when members, particularly newer ones, make wild claims and go "i dunno what's in it though".

8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    OP take no offense to this, but keep in mind that a vast majority of people are not great at estimating distances. I work in construction and I can't tell you the number of people who say their building is 90feet long, when really it's all of 40 feet. With that said, you should definitely measure off X number of feet/yards. Set a human chest-sized targets and take some shots at it.
    I'm quite sure it's not achiving 300feet (aka the length of a football field). Extreme upgraded guns barely reach that distance, let alone doing it accurately.

9. soviet

soviet New Member

My DMR only host 250 FT accurate, and my friend has a CYMA Thompson. It's like 110-130ft accurate.