cyma vs g&G

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by siegingpanda, Sep 27, 2012.

1. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
  2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Cyma aks have already proven them selves. G&G's I have not heard much about, but you can never go wrong with a cyma.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I love G&G top tech guns, but I don't like the Combat Machines. However I don't even know if the G&G AK is TT or a CM. If you can figure out that the G&G is a Top Tech then you know its good, but if It's not... Not so good.

However Cyma AK's are very well built for the price. So in this case I'm almost leaning towards that. You'll save some money that if you wanted could be put towards upgrades.

This is tough....

4. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    The G&G is a Top Tech, if you opened up the link, in the description it tells you that it is part of the TT line. Still, personally I would get the CYMA and upgrade it with the money left over. Also get a new battery and a smart charger.

5. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
    thanks so mucho guys. as for externals towards realism who would be better?

6. fradd

fradd New Member

G&G is known for being better, even with their lower priced guns, since they also make high end AEGs.

7. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Cyma I believe has a realistic take down following VFC though it may be a hybrid take down using VFC/TM takes downs I cant remember atm. Externally everything on the gun is either steel or good polymer plastic (the lower receiver maybe pot metal). Externally I have had no problems with Cymas 040+ models.

Im not sure on G&G but if I would have to guess it would be TM style take down and externally would be excellent metals and plastics. Though personally if I went AK its either VFC or Cyma/Dboys for me (oh also CA)

Read some reviews (maybe can use youtube but not as realiable) to get a better idea.I owned the Cyma AK105 and it is a very nice gun that will not let you down. It will probably need some hopup/barrel upgrades eventually but most of the internals are great.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  8. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    The g&g says it has zinc gears...? I dont think thats right

9. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
    you guys are great thanks alot! i guess i will be going cyma!

10. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
    is that model any good
    ?

11. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Same as the first Cyma just setup with a longer barrel and skeleton stock. I prefer the AK105 since they just look better in my opinion.

12. siegingpanda

siegingpanda New Member

seattle
    cool. what magazines did you find to work best . and are the mag midcaps any good?

13. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

My friend gave me a old $90 cyma M14. The externals broke within a week. I kept it just to let my friends use it... It has been left out in the rain like 3 times, dropped, thrown down... And still ran. It finally met its end when my friend got mad and chunked it into a barrier and broke it.

As for G&G, lets just say this. When I started I loved G&G. Also, I have never had to buy any M4 mags. I have a chest rig with 4 G&G m4 mags, and the one that came with my kwa. So... I've had 4 G&G's. in my experience... Internals and externals were fine, the trigger messed up in all 4 of mine. One time it actually melted it. Running a 9.6. Smh.

14. Dennis

Dennis New Member

I think if your spending that much on an ak then go echo1 or SRC because of good internals and quality
    Cyma aks are ok but cyma is more of a low budget company

15. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I agree with Dennis, I might have had a super tank lucky m14. I've been running the same kwa for all my G&G's put together x2 with no problems at all. Shoots right at 70 yards, and no internal work after 2 years. I've had a used echo 1, and the trigger broke, but again it is glorified JG (just from what I heard, idk if true).

16. honeyclarck

honeyclarck New Member

I love G&G guns. You must choose this one.

17. commando5184

commando5184 New Member

1HR north of philly
    Dear god no! Go with the cyma.
    Ruuuuun! It's a g&g blowback
    They just fall apart

18. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

I don't agree with you, I ran a G&G for two years you might need a MOSFET, because my trigger contacts was the only problem. And don't get blowback. It's not worth the extra $50 and it makes it too loud.

19. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    BTW Echo 1 Aks=Cyma AKs some slight internal differences maybe and what they put on the gun but still Cyma.