Cyma zm51

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by jon_wallace95, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Ok so before I get all kind of hate on the gun let me just get it out there that I got it as a gift, so I can't argue with it, I play in a decent sized field, and need to hit around 200ft, a little less is fine, I tested the cyma today with .20's and it take 2-3 seconds to get across the street and hit the garage door across a 4 lane road, plus it doesn't seem as strong or accurate as advertised, are there any upgrade parts that would fit into it? I opened it up and it doesn't have a trigger box, it has the individual components, the trigger hits another lever that hits the bolt catch/release. So does anyone know of any upgrade parts that would fit?

2. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Lol... Nothing will fit that.

Every upgradable sniper that i know about has a trigger box. If you dont have a trigger box then the cylinder spring and spring guide will all have a different design as to how they work. So i highly doubt there will be any upgrades for it.

3. jon_wallace95

Really? Damn, well it's still a free m24, so I'm not going to complain, it's good up to about 120-150 feet, I'll probably just use it for target shooting though

4. jon_wallace95

When I opened it up it looked like a nerf gun assembly, the trigger pushes down a lever that pushes up on the bolt catch and it releases the bolt, it seems to work like every spring pistol I've seen, so do you thing the spring would be upgradable? It looks as if the bolt is one solid piece, it has an inner part and an external part, when the bolt is pulled it compresses the spring and the inner part of the bolt locks on the catch, then as you pug it forward it it buys the bb in the camber. I don't know if this will be important in seeing if it's upgradable, but it has a double safety, the regular safety switch behind the bolt as well as a little peg that protrudes into the bolt, and unless it is forward and down it will not fire.

5. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Thats standad on everything. The issue is seeing how the cylinder catches onto the sear or trigger catch. The thing thats holding the piston back until your able to shoot.

In any event the other issue would be that because it has that weird trigger set up you wouldnt be able to upgrade a trigger sear or anything. So if you put in a higher fps spring it would eventually warp the trigger catch and make it impossible to shoot at all. I recommend either taking some pictures of where it all fits together and posting it here for me to look at.

Or just leave it alone.

6. jon_wallace95

It's like an oversized spring pistol, it pulls the spring back and a little latch grabs the front of the bolt

7. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    You could be wrong, really wrong.

Looks just like APS-2......

It's not an M24.
    It's a Steyr SSG.....

8. jon_wallace95

It looks like an m24, but after I looked at the steyr I saw the differences.
    Now that we know what model it is can you tell me if anything will fit?

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Take some pics of the internals, saw a vid earlier today but the quality was horrible.....

10. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Well see edi. Thats why your the expert!

Ive never handled an APS-2 just assumed they had a trigger box and stuff that worked differently then the VSR lol.

Anyways listen to edi and ignore all the stuff i said. Hes the expert.

11. jon_wallace95

Alright, I'll add some tomorrow

12. jon_wallace95

The moment you have all been waiting so patiently for.
    Also there is a hole in the barrel, can you guys help in explaining that to me?

Attached Files:

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Uh, well, that's completely proprietary.

That hole, no clue.
    If it's near the beginning of the barrel, that could be the barrel window for the hop.

14. jon_wallace95

The hole is closer to the muzzle

15. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    That hole looks like an air vent to ballance the inner barrel volume with the cylinder volume.

Saw that a lot with full barreled LPEGs back in the day...

16. jon_wallace95

Anything I can/should do about it? It's making it lose a lot of velocity

17. soviet

soviet New Member

Duct tape. Lol. Guys would a TBB fit in his barrel?

18. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

No as it wont be able to connect to his cylinder correctly.

In any event you cant seal that hole with anything as its bound to be slightly flat and make the barrel not round and change the trajectory on BBs.