D boys scar DMR

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by dodger0729, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dodger0729

dodger0729 Member

I'm thinking I should have taken the original pad on the cylinder head. Otherwise I'll try the bicycle tube.

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It works very well in my builds, and is easy to come by. Not sure if it gives quite as good cushioning as sorbo, but rubber is a flexible material, so should give decent cushioning.

3. dodger0729

dodger0729 Member

Fixed it!!! Haha I glued the sorbo to the pad already there and it made it impossible to get the piston in.

4. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 Active Member

Saint Charles
    Don't forget, for correcting AoE, especially if your using sorbo, you absolutely HAVE to do it with the spring IN the gearbox. The spring will compress the Sorbo a lot, and can slightly compres other materials that are used as well, and if you don't then your AoE could be way off

Also the point of correcting the AoE is to make it so the first tooth of the sector gear is pouring straight up (12 o'clock) when it hits the piston.

5. dodger0729

dodger0729 Member

Ok so know I have everything together and the selector switch seems light and when I push the trigger I get a whining noise. So I played with the motor plate and it finally caught. The problem is when it's on single and it fires, multiple bbs come out. Then I played with it again and it started the whining noise. When I set it back to the position it was in, it doesn't catch there either