Damn kids and their generic guns :)

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by [email protected], Oct 15, 2009.

1. I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but I didn't want to look at the 64795663758 posts that are there to see. Anyway does anyone else get sick of seeing 12 year olds with Ak's and MP5s? There are too many generic players, with too many generic guns in my opinion. That's partly why I really like this group...lots of ex-army guys and stuff. I got lucky with my step-dad being ex-army so i got lots of shooting tips, and tactics (leap-frogging on the enemy etc.) But i felt like this needed to be said, that there are too many people with 1911 clones and 1911's, too many AKs and M16s and MP5s. And too many people who have expensive guns and have no clue what they're doing (spray n pray in other words) So be original people :) and shoot and move, no spray and pray.

2. r1p_c0rd

r1p_c0rd New Member Supporting Member

Central, Hong Kong
    a 12 year old cutting his teeth on a stock AK today becomes an 18 year old with years of experience and knows his way around any AEG, inside and out and has an armory of custom stuff most of us could only dream of...

or he may never play again, in which case his parents haven't wasted their money on an expensive closet filler...

we all started somewhere, i was a 29 year old with a generic MP5 when i started:eek:

3. WillBrayJr

WillBrayJr New Member

Technically all guns coming out of China are generic even though they perform just as good.

4. AirsoftWinner

AirsoftWinner Guest

:p im younger then that...

But im sure it gets anyoing

5. Divided Volta

Divided Volta New Member

I feel like that's not really a fair position to take.

You can find a lot of fairly good AK's and MP5 for cheap, so of course there are going to be more of them. Not to mention the fact that they are very iconic, recognizable models that many people like. Lots of people are trying to emulate their respective countries military, and many armed forces use those weapons.

6. SamDaAirsofterDude

SamDaAirsofterDude New Member

Lexington
    If it's generic then it's got to be good enought to be rebranded in the first place.

That's the way I see it, at least.

We're all entitled to our own opinion, even if it's wrong :D

7. Ronin055

Ronin055 New Member

in the real world, the AK47 was the most widely produced assault weapon, ever. And then the most widely counterfitted weapon ever. thusly, there are TONS of them out there and probably the most commonly encountered weapon on the planet.

the 1911 is one of the most widely used pistols. So its seen around alot.

the MP5 is one of the most highly popularized and seen counter terrorist / special operations submachine guns on the planet.

what Im saying is #1 these are common weapons. And they are in wide spread use in the real world.

#2 people play airsoft with an ideal image of themselves. And that image includes imaganing themselves as that iconic stereotype. Thusly, weilding a media popular piece of equipment in a particular fashon.

Just the way it is man. . . just the way it is.

8. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

I couldn't disagree more & I think you need to be more open minded.

AKs are the most used fire arms world over, hell people in england get arrested with them. I see no problem in there being a lot of them around.

If I like MP5s I'm going to buy an MP5 and enjoy it, I'm not going to avoid a nice gun that I like because some lamer will whine about me "everyone has one of those" or whatever.

Also as said already, everyone starts off a 'noob', even yourself so you should give people a chance. Everyone has to start somewhere and gain experience & knowledge as they go at which point they may decide to go with something more unique or stick with a trusty old M4 / AK47.

9. Skate

Skate New Member

Dayton
    It would be interesting to see a lot of people running around with Tavors.....anyway while an interesting prospect I doubt it would be possible to switch everyone over to the more obscure guns. The M4's and AK's have too many aftermarket parts and for the most part, they work well.

I just am happy when I see the odd MP40 or Dragunov in the field, and I guess I'll have to live with it.

P.S. The 1911 looks awesome, why switch :)

10. WillBrayJr

WillBrayJr New Member

In time, all things pass. I love real steel 1911s but they're outdated. All guns become outdated sooner or later;)

11. Skate

Skate New Member

Dayton
    The 1911's are still very popular CCW pistols, and in some branches the MEU is still used.

12. WillBrayJr

WillBrayJr New Member

And I'm not disagreeing with you:p

13. oh i didnt mean it like tht i understand y ppl do tht and they have to start out i wasnt specific enough. i didnt understand y ppl get them and now i do. and as for kids, i didnt mean it like tht i started off with juts a pistol :) and now im into mid-range guns i forgot to say i hate kids who do start out noobs and think they can own everyone haha. arrogant little bastads :) thhhhhhhhts what i meant haha n yeah i like the 1911 but i prefer something different. like a desert eagle or something in that range haha. oh and im open minded i have to be im a satanist. srry for sounding like a supa di**

14. Skate

Skate New Member

Dayton
    I'm not trying to be insulting, and this is a completely true statement.

I have no idea what this is supposed to say. Something about a satanist and not liking kids. Thats truly all I could gather.

15. LOL yeah i usually dont make sense so heres a third crack at it. i NOW understand why ak-47s are so frequently found on the airsoft battlefield. this is because they, like the real firearm, are cheap and reliable. this is the same case with the numerous Mp-5s and such. because of their reliability they are seen often on tv and such, and therefore many people are aware of them and may want them as an airsoft AEG. i asked the question wondering why this is and NOW understand it. as for hating kids i do not because i am one. the difference between me and the people i was talking about is i am not an airsoft noob. NOW what i meant to say in the original post was not that i hated kids who are noobs, but i hate noobs who are over confident and cocky when they know nothing. again, it didnt come out this way in the original post but thats what i meant to say. as for one person who said i am close minded i commented i am not. n no ur not being insulting, its called constructive criticism of which more often than not i need. hope this clarifies it, but chanes are i sound like a complete douche haha.

16. Skate

Skate New Member

Dayton
    Ok, its no big deal, I just wanted to know what you were trying to say.

17. yeah i read it back and didnt understand it so thnx for sayin that haha

18. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Idk what people think/say despite how generic any of my choices may be.

I like M4s, I like AK101s, I like the USP>any other pistol I've seen. I really want a Masada. I hate the XM8. G36C is totally orgasmic. I want to live in texas, cali or NY. Turtles are pretty cool. MP5SD6 is the only attractive MP***

Not sure why I posted this tbh. Because I can is my excuse.

19. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

While I don't really have an opinion about noobs and AKs, I do hate trendy things. It bums me a little when others do or buy things simply because they are trendy and they wana look like people in the trendy movies that will be laughed it in 3 years. In that sense, I can understand how seeing so many AKs could be, at the very least, boring and uncreative.

20. Krazyboy87

Krazyboy87 New Member

i dont know the M14 first saw action in Vietnam and is still widely used by U.S troops as a DMR/DSR. even though the ones used today are changed a bit. like Navy Seals using the Socom M14.

you can say the same thing about an M16/M4, AK, and <P5

if it is a really good gun(M4/M16, M14, AK, MP5) when the first model is old, but newer and updated versions are coming out. which shows are much potention some of these "old" guns have.