Dboys airsoft

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by osawaab, Nov 28, 2012.

1. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    Ok so ive been looking around for a friend who is beginning airsoft and he has a budget of under 200 for everything, gun, battery charger, etc. so anyway ive looked at several guns including dboys, jg, and the gun shown in the link below. I know jg makes some decent starter guns but i really dont know much about dboys. So out of all these guns which would be the best.
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/447...rel-Newest-Enhanced-Production-Run-Model.aspx

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Dboys are basically metal bodied JGs.

3. osawaab

So considering the similar pricetag your saying a dboys is better
    Edit:
    Also does anyone know how jg vs dboys internals stack up?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Dboys is a great alternative to JG. Each of them have their pros and cons.

5. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    The best thing I found when I opened up a dboys for the first time, was a beautiful set of XYT gears. That made my day. Overall I like the GB (this was in a dboys scar). Definitely needed an AoE correction and a shim job. I like the piston in them as well, little to no wear.

The downside is this gun didn't last for a year before it had problems. I blame it on the poor wiring system in the Scar-H, There m4's should be fine because the wiring system in the scar was a rebrand of vfc.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Internals are about the same.

Pistons are a shade different in color. Teeth are same. Piston head/cylinder head/cylinders/tapplet plate is same.

DBoys nozzles comes in clear sometimes. JG is a tan/cream colored one.

DBoys plastic 7mm bushings last longer then the JG cast pot metal 7mm bushings. Must replace the JG ones ASAP.

JG has a better stock motor then the DBoys guns. The DBoys motors tend to burn out faster and have less torque.

DBoys guns are price wise cheaper. But you can spend a little more for a JG with a basic MOSFET. Not the best, but doesn't somewhat of the job. Heats up too much. Saves your contacts but the MOSFET fails after abuse.

I've noticed the JG gearbox shells are cast a little weaker then DBoys shells. Very minor interior gearbox shell differences. But the JG shell has proven to be a little on the weaker side. Problem started to arise with the JG drop in gearboxes cracking left and right. Even the V3's JG gearboxes.

DBoys metal bodies tend to be of less external quality then the JG metal bodies. DBoys is a little heavier, casted crudely, but have a nice paint finish. JG is cast about the same and has decent paint finish. Both have a good fitting and good tolerance to parts. Just that the cast metal is still soft and on the fragile side.
    Noticed the DBoys metal bodies cracking more often then people that had the JG metal bodied guns.

Yes they both have their ups and downs.

I've had more success with selling DBoys cause of the cheaper price. But JG guns have proven to be very reliable and last a longer time for a little more money.

Good luck man :)

7. osawaab

Thanks to both of the last post they have been very helpful, im trying to talk my friend into getting a jg instead of the $150 sniper rifle that hes not gonna upgrade

8. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol. He'll be more happy with a JG then a cheap sniper rifle :)

9. osawaab

Thats what i tried to tell him an i talked him into it. airsoft gi is having a 20% off deal so he getting everythin he needs for 200